Acuitel 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride)
What Is The Generic Name For Acuitel 5 Mg:
Quinapril Hydrochloride is the generic version for Acuitel 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Acuitel 5 mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
About Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
Acuitel 5 mg contains active ingredients, Quinapril Hydrochloride 5 mg and used in Hypertension and Heart Failure. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Pfizer (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Acuitel 5 mg.
Acuitel tablets having Quinapril Hydrochloride 5 mg per tablet is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
Accuzide Forte is used in:
- Congestive Heart Failure
How Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride) Works:
Acuitel 5 mg contains Quinapril Hydrochloride/Quinapril (an ACE inhibitor) which basically dilates blood vessels resulting in the lowering of blood pressure and Hydrochloride helps remove excess fluid from the body
Before You Use Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Quinapril Hydrochloride
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
Avoid Acuitel 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Had Diabetes and Angioedema
- Have Gout
- Low Blood Sodium or Potassium Levels
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Dry Cough
- Have Diabetes/Gout
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Acuitel 5 mg contains Quinapril Hydrochloride, which is used in Hypertension and Heart Failure. Quinapril is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Acuitel 5 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be cautiously used in Patients with Kidney Disease and severe Hypertension.
How Much Of The Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Acuitel 5 mg.
How To Take The Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride):
Acuitel 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing, breaking or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride)
You are always advised to take Acuitel 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Acuitel 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Acuitel 5 Mg (Quinapril Hydrochloride)
- Increased Urination
- Itching or Rash
- Abdominal and Stomach Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Joint Pain, Stiffness, and Swelling
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Some medicines may interact with Acuitel 5 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Citric acid
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Acuitel 5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Kidney Disease
Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of blood pressure, Glucose Levels and electrolytes levels is necessary during this Drug Therapy
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have doubt related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Acuitel 5 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the tablet at room temperature in and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.