Alcoliv 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)
What Is The Generic Name For Alcoliv 500 Mg?
Metadoxine is the generic version for Alcoliv 500 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alcoliv 500 mg (Metadoxine)?
About Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine):
Alcoliv 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metadoxine, which is used for the treatment of Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Cholestatic Liver Disease, and Non-Alcoholic Liver Disease. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Alcoliv 500 mg.
Alcoliv 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metadoxine, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
Alcoliv 500 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Cholestatic Liver Diseases
- Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver
How Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine) Works?
Alcoliv 500 mg has an active ingredient, Metadoxine, a liver protective. It basically works by increasing the alcohol elimination from the blood and tissues, hence preventing liver damage.
Before You Use Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Metadoxine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Alcoliv 500 mg as antacids decrease the amount of the medicine absorbed by the body
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
You should avoid Alcoliv 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Alcoliv 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metadoxine, which is used in the treatment of Cholestatic Liver Disease. Alcoliv 500 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Alcoliv 500 mg at a fixed time, with or without food preferably after food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Alcoliv 500 mg. Do not exceed the dose by your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
Alcoliv 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it just after food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
You are always advised to take Alcoliv 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Alcoliv 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alcoliv 500 Mg (Metadoxine)?
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Alcoliv 500 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Alcoliv 500 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Alcoliv 500 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Alcoliv 500 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.