Aldactone 25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Aldactone 25 mg
RPG Life Sciences, India
Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)
What Is The Generic Name For Aldactone 25mg?
Spironolactone Tablet is the generic version for Aldactone Tablet.
Which USA Brands is Equivalent To The Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)?
About The Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)
Aldactone 25mg contains active salt, Spironolactone which is also known as Water Pill/Diuretic as it maintains water content in the body. Various strengths of Aldactone 25mg Tablet are available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
RPG Life Sciences (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Aldactone 25mg Tablet.
Aldactone 25 Mg contains an active ingredient, Spironolactone. It is also available in various strengths.
What Are The Uses Of The Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)?
Aldactone 25mg is used in the treatment of:
- Fluid Retention/Edema especially in patients with Congestive Heart Failure.
- Cirrhosis (Liver Disease)
- Nephrotic Syndrome (Kidney Disorder)
- Hypokalemia (low levels of Potassium in the blood)
How The Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone) Works?
Aldactone 25mg works by reducing the amount of excess water and sodium in the body and maintains the potassium levels. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Before You Use The Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone 25mg Tablet)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must be sure that you are not having any liver and kidney diseases.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history.
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone)?
- Alcohol High Salt Diet or Salt Substitutes.
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation.
When Not To Use Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)?
You should not take Aldactone 25mg if you:
- Have Kidney Disease.
- Have High Levels Of Potassium In Your Blood.
- Have Addison’s Disease (An Adrenal Gland Disease).
- Have Problem In Urination.
- Are taking Eplerenone.
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Are going for another medical test while taking Aldactone 25mg Tablet as it causes unusual results.
- Are going for any surgery.
- Have any Liver or Kidney Disease.
- Have any Heart Disease.
- Are taking some other medicines:
- NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory drugs)
- Diuretic Medicines
- Blood Pressure Medicine
- Potassium Supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive.
- Breastfeed the baby.
- Are allergic to Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone).
How Much Of The Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone) to Be Used?
Aldactone 25mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Aldactone 25mg Tablet once in a day or in two divided doses depending upon the nature of the symptoms. Also, it is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone)?
Aldactone 25mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as advised by your doctor. You should swallow the Aldactone 25mg Tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)?
You are always advised to take Aldactone 25mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Aldactone 25mg (ALDACTONE 25mg) at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take an extra dose if you have missed one dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)?
Aldactone 25mg Tablet (Spironolactone) may cause Allergic Reactions in Sensitive Patients. Few allergic symptoms are:
- Difficulty In Breathing
- Swelling Of Your Lips, Tongue, Face And Throat.
Common Side Effects of Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone) :
- Breast Swelling and Tenderness
- Leg Cramps
You should consult your doctor or stop using the medicine if
- You have Low Sodium: Hallucinations, Confusion, Weakness, Speech Problem, Loss of Coordination, Seizures, Shallow Breathing, and Fainting.
- You have High Potassium: Slow Heart Rate, Low Pulse, Muscle Weakness, and Tingly Feeling.
- There is a sign of Stomach Bleeding: Bloody Cough/vomiting and Stools.
- You have symptoms of Electrolyte Imbalance: Drying Mouth, Increased Thrust, Drowsiness, Weakness, Restless Feeling, Nausea, Vomiting, Increased or No Urination, Fast Heart Rate, Increased Creatinine Levels in Blood.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Taking Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone) with other medicines can produce some adverse effects like Dizziness and Low Blood Pressure.
You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications like:
- Necrotic Pain Medicines
- Muscle Relaxants
- Antianxiety Medicines
- Hypertension Medicines
Over the counter medicines, Vitamins and herbal products have been reported to interact with Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol while taking Aldactone 25mg as it may increase adverse effects of the Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone)
- Do not take any salt substitute or low Sodium milk which contains potassium or high salt diet while you are taking Aldactone 25mg as they raise the potassium levels in your blood.
- Do not drive or do anything which needs you to be alert as Aldactone 25mg Tablet may affect your thinking and reactions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use already open or broken tablets.
Things To Remember
- Always follow the doctor’s instructions about the type and amount of liquid you should consume.
- Always read the information written on the strip. Eg: composition, manufactured date, expiry date, etc.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
While using Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone), you may need frequent blood tests.
Store Aldactone 25mg (Spironolactone) at room temperature in a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.