Alerid 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)
What Is The Generic Name For Alerid 10 Mg?
Cetirizine HCL is the generic version for Alerid 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
About Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)
Alerid 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Cetirizine HCL, is an antihistaminic drug which is used in the treatment of Hay fever, Allergies like Itching, Sneezing, Cold, Runny Nose, and Urticaria. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Alerid 10 mg.
Alerid 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Cetirizine HCL, 10 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
Alerid 10 mg is primarily used in the treatment of various allergies like:
- Hay Fever
- It is also used in the treatment of:
- Rhinovirus Infection
- Kimura’s Disease
How Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL) Works?
Alerid 10 mg contains Cetirizine HCL, as an active ingredient. It basically blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, itching, redness, congestion, and other allergic reactions. It is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Before You Use Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
You should not take Alerid 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney disease
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
How Much Of The Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL) to Be Used?
Alerid 10 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Alerid 10 mg.
How To Take The Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
Alerid 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
You are always advised to take Alerid 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Alerid 10 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alerid 10 Mg (Cetirizine HCL)?
- Dry Mouth
- Trouble Urinating
- Changes in Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines, food or beverages may interact with drugs to produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. Alerid 10 mg interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine is also reported to have interaction with disease conditions of:
Warning And Precaution?
Alerid 10 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Intake with Alcohol
- Kidney and Liver Disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy)
- Alerid 10 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Alerid 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.