Alfacip 0.25 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Alfacip 0.25 Mcg Capsule (Alfacalcidol)
What Is The Generic Name For Alfacip:
Alfacalcidol is the generic version for Alfacip
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alfacip 0.25 Mcg (Alfacalcidol)
About Alfacip 0.25 Mcg (Alfacalcidol)
Alfacip 0.25 mcg contains Alfacalcidol, a Vitamin D analogue which is used as poultry feed additive which helps in the prevention of Tibial Dyschondroplasia as well as Phytate Phosphorus utilization. You can purchase it easily from any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Abbott Healthcare (India) is the leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Alfacip 0.25 mg.
Alfacip 0.25 mcg contains Alfacalcidol, 0.25 mcg per capsule which is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol):
Alfacip 0.25 mcg is used in poultry feed additive which prevents:
- Tibial Dyschondroplasia
- Phytate Phosphorus Utilization
How Alfacip 0.25 Mcg (Alfacalcidol) Works:
Alfacip 0.25 mcg containing Alfacalcidol which helps in maintaining the calcium levels by stimulating Calcium transport and allowing it for absorption from Stomach.
Before You Use Alfacip 0.25 Mcg (Alfacalcidol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Alfacalcidol
- You do not give alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alfacip 0.25 Mcg (Alfacalcidol):
- Avoid taking alcohol or other non prescribed drugs
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol):
You should not give Alfacip 0.25 mcg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Liver/Kidney Dysfunctioning
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Capsule
- Are suffering from Hypervitaminosis
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding
Alfacip 0.25 mcg contains Alfacalcidol, which is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for duration of dosage and frequency.
You are advised to give Alfacip 0.25 mcg capsule at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. Try to give it regularly for better results. Dose may be adjusted according to the need.
How Much Of The Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to give Alfacip 0.25 mg.
How To Give The Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol):
Alfacip 0.25 mcg dose should be given to the poultry at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol):
You are always advised to give Alfacip 0.25 mcg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly if you are feeling better. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect any overdose symptoms.
You should try to give every dose of Alfacip 0.25 mcg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Alfacip 0.25 mcg should be given as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alfacip 0.25 mcg (Alfacalcidol):
- Stomach Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst
- Metallic Taste
- Urinating More than Usual
- Fast, Slow, or Uneven Heart Rate
- Changes in Behavior
- Muscle Pain
- Weight Decreased
- Sensory Disturbances
- Growth Retardation
- Decreased Appetite
- Abdominal Pain
- Hypercalcemia Syndrome
- Urinary Tract Infections
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Alfacip 0.25 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are giving other Medication or Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Seizure Medication like Phenytoin
- Steroids like Prednisone, Fluticasone, Mometasone, Dexamethasone, etc.
- Water Pills/Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorothiazide, Chlorthalidone, etc.
Warning And Precaution:
Alfacip 0.25 mcg can worsen the conditions like:
- Calcium intoxication
- Liver/ kidney Dysfunction
- In patients who undergone Surgery
- Always consult your doctor to get best available treatment or replacements when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Serum Calcium and Creatinine levels should be determined after a fixed interval of time.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
Alfacip 0.25 mcg should be given as prescribed by the doctor. Always give the doses on time and regularly as per schedule.
Store the Alfacip 0.25 mcg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.