Alphadopa 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa)
What Is The Generic Name For Alphadopa 250 Mg:
Methyldopa is the generic version for Alphadopa 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alphadopa 250 mg (Methyldopa):
About Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
Alphadopa 250 mg contains an active ingredient, methyldopa 250 mg used for the treatment of Hypertension. You may buy it from all the leading pharmacy, medical supply stores, drugstores and and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Wockhardt (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Alphadopa 250 mg.
Alphadopa 250 mg includes an active ingredient, Methyldopa 250 mg and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
- Alphadopa 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa) Works:
Methyldopa is actual constituent in Alphadopa which relaxes the blood vessels making heart more efficient at pumping blood to the body.
Before You Use Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
You should avoid:
- Taking alcohol
- Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
You should avoid Alphadopa 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are suffering from malignant melanoma or skin cancer or you have any unusual moles
- Have severe Mental Disorder
- Have Heart and Blood Pressure Problems
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney/Lung/Endocrine Problems
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have Hallucinations (Seeing, Hearing or Feeling Non-Existent Things)
- Have Dyskinesia (Uncontrolled Limb Movement)
- Have Sleepiness or Sudden Episodes of Falling Asleep
- Have Vision Impairment
- Have Psychosis (Comparable to Schizophrenia)
- Have Severe Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Have Any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Alphadopa 250 mg contains Methyldopa, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension. Alphadopa 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always ask your doctor for the frequency and duration of the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Alphadopa 250 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume the larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children.
How Much Of The Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Alphadopa 250 mg.
How To Take The Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa):
Alphadopa 250 mg dose must be taken at a fixed time with or without food. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa)
You are always advised to take Alphadopa 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for too longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Alphadopa 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alphadopa 250 Mg (Methyldopa)
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Panic attacks
- Altered behavior
- Mood changes
- Altered sleep
- Burning sensation of tongue
- Dry Mouth
- Frequent dreams
- Increased sweating
- Irregular heart rate
- Worsening of tremor
- Muscle stiffness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Alphadopa 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Iron-containing products
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Mood Disorders
- This medication also interferes with certain laboratory tests
- Coombs Test
Warning And Precaution:
Alphadopa 250 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Bleeding Disorders
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment according to the need.
Things To Remember:
- Take medicine with high protein diets such as cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, protein powder, eggs and milk
- You should eat healthy (low-fat, high-fibre, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, limit alcohol intake, increase your physical activities, balance your weight, and reduce stress
- You should go for regular blood pressure and liver function tests
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Alphadopa 250 mg may cause urine appears dark in color, such as red, brown, or black which is not a harmful side effect, but it may cause staining of clothes
Do not stop taking Alphadopa 250 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store it at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.