Amphotret Injection 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Bharat Serums & Vaccines, India
Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B)
What Is The Generic Name For Amphotret Injection 50 Mg:
Amphotericin B is the generic version for Amphotret Injection 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
- Amphotericin B
About Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B)
Amphotret Injection 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Amphotericin B, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections and Kala Azar. You can check its availability at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Bharat Serums and Vaccines (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Amphotret Injection 50 mg.
Amphotret Injection 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Amphotericin B, 50 mg per injection. It may be available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
Amphotret Injection 50 mg is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Fungal infections prophylaxis
- Aspergillosis- Aspergilloma
- Candida urinary tract infection
- Coccidioidomycosis - Meningitis
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Fungal endocarditis
- Histoplasmosis- Meningitis
- Oral Thrush
How Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B) Works:
Amphotret Injection 50 mg is an antibiotic which has Amphotericin B, which kills fungus by destroying its cell membrane.
Before You Use Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
- You should not drive after taking this injection
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
You should not take Amphotret Injection 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have severe allergic reactions such as red and itchy skin rash, difficulty breathing, unexplained fever, and swelling of face, mouth, lips or eyelids
- Have serious Liver or Kidney Problems
- Have Low Potassium in Blood
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are on Dialysis
- Are having Low Potassium Levels
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Amphotret Injection 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Amphotericin B, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for injecting the drug. Do not self administer the drug.
How Much Of The Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B) to Be Used:
Amphotret Injection 50 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s instructions to take Amphotret Injection 50 mg.
How To Take The Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
Amphotret Injection 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time given by the physician or the nurse. Do not self administer the drug.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
You are always advised to take Amphotret Injection 50 mg for as long as instructed by your physician. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to self medicate.
You must contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the symptoms of an Overdose
You should try to take every dose of Amphotret Injection 50 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Amphotret Injection 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and consult your doctor for administration of dose accordingly.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Amphotret Injection 50 Mg (Amphotericin B):
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Increased Liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst
- Chills and fever
- Pain at injection site
- Loss of Appetite
- Irregular Heartbeat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Amphotret Injection 50 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Amphotret Injection 50 mg is contraindicated or to be used very cautiously in:
- Renal Insufficiency
- Noninvasive Fungal Infections
- Intravenous Infusion Reactions
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular laboratory evaluation of Potassium, Magnesium as well as Renal, Hepatic and Hematopoietic function.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time and strength of your medication
Amphotret Injection 50 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this injection before completion of the course.
Store the Amphotret Injection 50 mg in refrigerator