Androcur 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Bayer Schering, Turkey
Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate)
What Is The Generic Name For Androcur 50 Mg:
Cyproterone Acetate is the generic version for Androcur 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Androcur 50 mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
About Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
Androcur 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproterone Acetate, which is used to control sexual desire in men who have an increased sex derive. You may take it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Bayer Schering (Turkey) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Androcur 50 mg.
Androcur 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproterone Acetate, 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
Androcur 50 mg is used to control sexual desire in men
How Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate) Works:
Androcur 50 mg contains Cyproterone Acetate (anti-androgen) which blocks the action of male sex hormones and reduces the amount of hormone i.e. testosterone produced by the body.
Before You Use Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cyproterone Acetate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
You should avoid Androcur 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Benign Tumor or any type of Cancer
- Have clotting issues
- Have Sickle Cell Anemia
- Have Depression
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Have Depression
- Have Blood related Disorders
- Have Bone Pain or Fracture
- Have any type of Cancer
- Have Swelling in the Feet, Ankle or Legs
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Androcur 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproterone Acetate, which is used to decrease sexual derive in men. Androcur 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
It is not recommended for Pediatric and female Population and should be given on doctor’s prescription only.
How Much Of The Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Androcur 50 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects. Usually, one capsule is to be given twice a day.
How To Take The Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate):
Androcur 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time after the meal. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate)
You are always advised to take Androcur 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Androcur 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Androcur 50 Mg (Cyproterone Acetate)
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Hair loss
- Change in mood
- Muscoskeletal pain
- Joint pain
- Sore Throat
- Skin Rashes
- Stomach pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Androcur 50 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Herbal remedy known as St. John’s Wort
Warning And Precaution:
Androcur 50 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Any type of Cancer
- Glucose Intolerance
- This medicine is not recommended for children and women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Androcur 50 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store it at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.