Aquazide 12.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Aquazide 12.5 Mg?
Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic version for Aquazide 12.5 mg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
About Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)
Aquazide 12.5mg contains an active salt, Hydrochlorothiazide, 12.5 mg, which come under thiazide diuretics, is used in the treatment of Hypertension, edema, heart failure, and kidney stone. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This capsule can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Aquazide 12.5 mg.
Aquazide 12.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydrochlorothiazide, 2.5 mg per tablet. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Aquazide 12.5 mg is used for lowering the blood pressure and reducing fluid retention by removing extra water and electrolytes. It is also used in:
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Stone
- Other complications related to Heart and Blood vessels.
How The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide) Works?
Aquazide 12.5 mg is basically contained Hydrochlorothiazide which comes under thiazide group. It reduces blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing extra water and electrolytes from the body. It comes in various strengths and you are always advised to follow your doctor’s prescription.
Before You Use The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must not drive and do some machine work which needs you alertness
- You must be sure that you are not having any other complicated disease.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (time and condition of all the disease you are suffering from, and all the medicines you are taking for the treatment).
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
- Avoid taking the tablet at bedtime as it will make you urinate more often.
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid driving and doing activities which need your alertness as this medicine makes you feel Sleepy and Dizzy
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation
When Not To Use Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
You should not take Aquazide 12.5 mg if you:
- Are Allergic to sulfa drugs
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Liver or Kidney Disease
- Are having any Heart diseases
- Are having Diabetes, Gout, Asthma and lupus erythematosus
- Are Driving
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have drug allergy
- Are taking other medicines and supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart-Related Problems
- Have Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes and other diseased condition
How Much Of The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide) to Be Used?
Aquazide 12.5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Aquazide 12.5 mg depending on the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Aquazide 12.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Aquazide 12.5 mg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is better to take this tablet with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
You are always advised to take Aquazide 12.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended. It may take a few weeks to show improvements in the patients.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Aquazide 12.5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take two doses at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Aquazide 12.5 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
- Dry mouth
- Increased Blood Uric Acid
- Increased Urination
- Abdominal and joint pain
- Decreased Potassium Level in Blood
- Glucose Intolerance
- Altered Blood Lipids
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines, and other food supplements have been reported to interact with Aquazide 12.5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- It also interacts with Alcohol so be careful in its use.
It is also reported to have interaction with the following disease conditions:
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Patients having liver and Heart disease should use it cautiously
- Patients having Myocardial Infarction and Asthma should use it cautiously
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously.
- Keep out of reach of children
Things To Remember
- Frequent monitoring of blood pressure and electrolytes level is important while using this medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Capsule.
If you report any side effect just contact your doctor.
Store Aquazide 12.5 mg at a cool, dark, and dry place. Make sure the capsule strip should be intact and are not damaged.