Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
USA Brand Name
Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
What Is The Generic Name For Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Salbutamol is the generic version for Asthalin HFA Inhaler
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
About The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Asthalin HFA Inhaler contains an active ingredient, Salbutamol 100 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma, Respiratory Conditions, and Other Lung Diseases. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Dosage Form of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Manufacturer of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Salbutamol.
Strength of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Asthalin HFA Inhaler contains an active ingredient, Salbutamol 100 mcg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
Asthalin HFA Inhaler is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lungs Diseases
- Constriction of Airways
How Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi) Works
Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi) is consisting of:
Salbutamol/Albuterol is a bronchodilator which basically relaxes the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Before You Use Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 Mcg (200 mdi)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Salbutamol
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Asthalin HFA Inhaler.
When Not To Use Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
You should avoid Salbutamol if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have Hypertension
- Have Overactive Thyroid Gland
- Have Hypokalemia as it also decreases the potassium Levels
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Are Allergic to the spray or any of its contents
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain
- Have Hypertension
- Have any other disease
- Have Thyroid Problems
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any Medical history, Surgeries or on other medications
Asthalin HFA Inhaler contains an active ingredient, Salbutamol 100 mcg which is used in the treatment of Asthma and other Allergic Conditions of Lungs. Inhalers are available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults and Children are advised to take Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi) at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should avoid/use it cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi) to Be Used
You should inhale the content as your doctor has directed. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions for the dosage.
If you need to take more medicine content than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and consult your doctor immediately
How To Take The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
Shake the inhaler properly before use. Press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication, breathing in from the mouth, and hold your breath for 10 seconds. You should repeat inhaling until you have inhaled the number of puffs suggested by your doctor. Later, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
You are always advised to use Asthalin HFA Inhaler for as long as your doctor has prescribed.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Inhaler should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once. You can set the alarm or make somebody remind you about the dose as you should not miss the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
- Sinus or Throat Irritation
- Severe Hypokalemia
- Tremors Especially of Hands
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Behavioral Changes
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Few medicines may interact with Asthalin HFA Inhaler which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Drugs Used For Depression
- Interactions are also reported with the following conditions so avoid to take the inhaler in these conditions:
- Antepartum Haemorrhage
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Eclampsia and Severe Pre-Eclampsia Intrauterine Infection
- Placenta Praevia
Warning And Precaution
Asthalin HFA Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi) should be used very cautiously in:
- Overactive Thyroid Gland
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Low Potassium Levels
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with doctor
- It should not be taken in Intrauterine Foetal Death
Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better; let your doctor decide it.
Things To Remember
- Keep out of reach of children
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Inhaler with a fiber-free tissue/cloth
- Always put the cap on Inhaler after use
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not use Asthalin HFA Inhaler until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
- Read the information on insert carefully
Store the Asthalin HFA Inhaler at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not refrigerate.