Balsacol 750 Mg
USA Brand Name
Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Balsacol 750 Mg:
Balsalazide is the generic version for Balsacol 750 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Balsacol 750 mg (Balsalazide):
About Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
Balsacol 750 mg contains an active ingredient, Balsalazide, which is used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. You may purchase it from all the leading drugstores, pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Gufic Bioscience Ltd. (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Balsacol 750 mg.
Balsacol 750 mg includes an active ingredient, Balsalazide, 50 mg which is purchasable in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
Balsacol 750 mg is used in the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases:
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s Disease
How Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide) Works:
Balsacol 750 mg includes Balsalazide, an anti-inflammatory drug which primarily blocks the release of chemical messengers that can cause inflammation of the lining of the intestines.
Before You Use Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Balsalazide
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
You should avoid Balsacol 750 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are Empty Stomach
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Heart Problems
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have Ulcers or Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Have Pyloric Stenosis
- Bleeding Disorders
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Balsacol 750 mg contains an active ingredient, Balsalazide which is available at online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical shops but always consult your doctor for the dose and duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Balsacol 750 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is for short-term use only. Do not take this medication for > 8 weeks in children (5-17 years) and 12 weeks in adults unless advised. Also, it is not recommended for the children below 5 years of age.
How Much Of The Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow the doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Balsacol 750.
How To Take The Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide):
Balsacol 750 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide)
You are always advised to take Balsacol 750 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Balsacol 750 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Balsacol 750 Mg (Balsalazide)
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Dark Urine
- Rectal Bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Diarrhea/Bloody Diarrhea
- Stomach Cramps
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Balsacol 750 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Immunosuppressant Drugs (Azap and Thiopress)
- Antimetabolite Agents
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Gastrointestinal Toxicity
- Gastrointestinal Ulcers
Warning And Precaution:
Balsacol 750 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Peptic Ulcers
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- You should consult your doctor to get best available treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Liver and Kidney Function regularly
- Take enough water to avoid Gastric Irritation
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Balsacol 750 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Balsacol 750 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should not be damaged.