Bandrone 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid)
What Is The Generic Name For Bandrone 50 Mg:
Ibandronic Acid is the generic version for Bandrone 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Bandrone 50 mg (Ibandronic Acid)
About Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid)
Bandrone 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Ibandronic Acid 50 mg which is used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis and widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Natco Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Bandrone 50 mg.
Bandrone tablet contains Ibandronic Acid, 50 mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid):
- Bandrone 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
How Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid) Works:
Bandrone 50 mg contains Ibandronic Acid, a bisphosphonate, which suppresses the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Before You Use Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ibandronic Acid
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Bandrone 50 Mg (Ibandronic Acid):
You should avoid Bandrone 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have pain in Jaw, Chest, Throat, Abdomen, Hips or Thighs.
- Are about to have a Dental Procedure
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Bandrone 50 mg contains Ibandronic Acid, which is used in the treatment of Osteoporosis and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Discuss with your doctor for the duration and the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Bandrone 50 mg at a fixed time probably in the morning time on an empty stomach followed by no eating or drinking for 30 min. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Bandrone 50 mg (Ibandronic Acid) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Bandrone 50 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Bandrone 50 mg (Ibandronic Acid):
Bandrone 50 mg dose should be taken in morning on an empty stomach. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
Do not eat and drink for 30 minutes after taking the medicine. Also, maintain an upright Posture for 30 min after taking the medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Bandrone 50 mg (Ibandronic Acid)
You are always advised to take Bandrone 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the Overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Bandrone 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Bandrone 50 mg (Ibandronic Acid)
- Musculoskeletal (Bone, Muscle or Joint) Pain
- Difficulty in Swallowing
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Loss of Appetite
- Loosening of the Teeth
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Flu like Symptoms
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Bandrone 50 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Contrast Media
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
- Renal Failure
- Upper Gastrointestinal Mucosal Irritation
Warning And Precaution:
Bandrone 50 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Severe Bone, Joint and/or Muscle Pain
- Thigh Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- It is not recommended for Children and Adolescents
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for better effects.
Things To Remember:
- If you are about to undergo any Dental Procedure/surgery, then Bandrone 50 mg should be discontinued temporarily
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not Stop Bandrone 50 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Bandrone 50 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.