Betnovate 0.10% 20 gm
USA Brand Name
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w 20 Gm (Betamethasone Valerate)
What Is The Generic Name Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w?
Betamethasone Valerate is the generic version of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w
USA Brands Equivalent To Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
About Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w contains a steroid, Betamethasone Valerate (0.1% w/w) as an active ingredient which is used to treat internal and external swelling associated with diseases like Asthma, Colitis, Arthritis, Severe Skin Allergies, etc. It is also used to treat other conditions like Adrenal Hormonal Insufficiency, certain types of Anemia, Cerebral Edema, etc. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Betnovate Cream0.10% w/w.
Strength Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w contains an active ingredient, Betamethasone Valerate 10% w/w in a 20 Gm tube. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Allergy and Inflammation
- Joint Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Skin Disorders
How Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate) Works?
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w contains an active ingredient, BetamethasoneValerate (0.10% w/w), a steroid which basically acts inside the skin cells to stop the release of inflammatory substances which causes Swelling, Pain, Redness, irritation, and Itching; hence it reduces all these inflammatory symptoms.
Before You Use Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate)?
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- Are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes
- Have diseases which can interact with this cream
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w
- Are taking any other medicines for any Disease or Disorder
- Are using some Skin Products, Herbal Products
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chapped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Vision Problem, Gastric Problem, Blood pressure Problem, Renal Impairment, etc.
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate) is available in various strengths and form like ointment, gel, lotion, etc. at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor. It is not recommended for the children and caution should be taken in pregnant women.
You should apply the required amount of Cream only as the excessive Cream will not increase the healing process but the piling of the Cream.
How Much Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the Cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the Cream application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Clean your hands carefully after applying unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate)?
You should use this Cream for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days to weeks) after its use.
Overdose Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Excessive Cream application results only in piling of Cream. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time as it may cause any severe Problem so always contact your doctor if you are in confusion
Side Effects Of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
The side effects of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w include:
- Blurred Vision
- Increased Appetite
- Anxiety and Nervousness
- Skin Itch
- Drying and Cracking of Skin
- Change in Skin Color
- Persistent Infections
- Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Growth Retardation in Children
Drugs Interact With Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your Cream. Few Drugs that interact with it:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- BCG vaccine
- Skin Cosmetics and Topical Herbal Products may react with the Cream if applied simultaneously but the detailed knowledge and instructions should be taken by your doctor
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking.
Here are some disease-drug interactions:
- Myocardial Infarction
- Gastrointestinal Perforations
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Infections as this medicine suppress immune system
- Ocular Herpes Infections
- Threadworm Infections
So this cream should be used cautiously in any disease condition
Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w should not be used/should be used cautiously in:
- Hypersensitive Conditions/Allergy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Kidney Diseases
- Systemic Fungal Infection
- Active Untreated Infection
- Immunization Procedures
- Growth Disorder in Children
- Tuberculosis Relapse
- Delayed Wound Healing
- Defect in Vision
- Epidural Injections
- Withdrawal Symptoms
- Blood Pressure Problems
- It is not recommended in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
Warning And Precautions:
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Cream then stop using it and consult your doctor
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas.
- Always keep the Cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Betnovate Cream 0.10% w/w (Betamethasone Valerate):
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration