Cardivas 12.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)
What Is The Generic Name For Cardivas 12.5 Mg?
Carvedilol is the generic version for Cardivas 12.5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cardivas 12.5 mg (Carvedilol)?
About Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol):
Cardivas 12.5 mg contains an active ingredient Carvedilol 12.5 mg, an alpha and beta-blocker (Antihypertensive) which is used to lower the blood pressure and also used to treat heart failure, chest pain (Angina), and Hypertension. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cardivas 12.5 mg.
Cardivas 12.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Carvedilol 12.5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)?
Cardivas 12.5 mg is used in:
- Congestive heart failure
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
How Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol) Works?
Cardivas 12.5 mg contains an active ingredient Carvedilol, is an alpha and beta-blocker. It lowers the blood pressure by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organ.
Before You Use Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carvedilol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)?
You should avoid Cardivas 12.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it or other Beta Blocker
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Kidney Dysfunction
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cardivas 12.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Carvedilol 50 mg, used in the treatment of Heart Failure and Hypertension. Cardivas 12.5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cardivas 12.5 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cardivas 12.5 mg.
How To Take The Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)?
Cardivas 12.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cardivas 12.5 Mg?
You are always advised to take Cardivas 12.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Cardivas 12.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cardivas 12.5 Mg (Carvedilol)?
- Weight Gain
- Increased Sweating
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Loss of Strength
- Cold Hands or Feet
- Back Pain
- Erectile Dysfunctioning
- Unusual Tiredness or Weakness
- Nausea and Vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cardivas 12.5 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antidiabetic Medicines
- Beta-2 Adrenergic Bronchodilators
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Bradyarrhythmia/AV Block
Warning And Precaution:
Cardivas 12.5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Lung Function
- Diabetic patients
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women.
- It should be given with caution to patients who are scheduled for major surgery.
- It should be given with caution to patients with increased Thyroid levels.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Always follow the diet chart and exercise schedule as your doctor has suggested
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Cardivas 12.5 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cardivas 12.5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.