Cardivas 6.25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Cardivas 6.25 Mg (carvedilol)
What Is The Generic Name For Cardivas 6.25 Mg?
Carvedilol is the generic version for Cardivas 6.25 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
About Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)
Cardivas 6.25 Mg contains an active salt, Carvedilol, is an antihypertensive medicine which lowers down the blood pressure and also used to treat Heart Failure. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cardivas 6.25 Mg.
Cardivas 6.25 mg contains an active ingredient, Carvedilol, 6.25 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
Cardivas 6.25 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
How Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol) Works?
Cardivas 6.25 mg has Carvedilol as an active ingredient. It is an antihypertensive drug which helps in relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and heart can pump blood more efficiently and hence reduces Blood Pressure.
Before You Use Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol):
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have heart, liver, or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
- Alcohol is completely unsafe
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
You should not take Cardivas 6.25 Mg if you:
- Are hypersensitive to it
- Have Heart, Kidney, and Liver problems
- Are diabetic
- Are Pregnant and trying to Conceive
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Are diabetic
- Have any lung disease
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
How Much Of The Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol) to Be Used?
Cardivas 6.25 Mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cardivas 6.25 Mg.
How To Take The Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
Cardivas 6.25 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
You are always advised to take Cardivas 6.25 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Cardivas 6.25 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cardivas 6.25 Mg (Carvedilol)?
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Back Pain
- Cold Hands and Feet
- Slow Heart Rate
- Erectile Dysfunctioning
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cardivas 6.25 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Few Antihypertensives
It is contraindicated in Asthma, Bradyarrhythmia, Glaucoma.
Warning And Precaution:
Cardivas 6.25 Mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Sinus Bradycardia
- Heart Block greater than first degree
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity.
- It should not be/cautiously use in Lung disease and diabetic patients
- Cardivas 6.25 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed the limit of dosage
Store the Cardivas 6.25 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.