Cardivas CR 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol)
What Is The Generic Name For Cardivas CR 40 Mg:
Carvedilol is the generic version for Cardivas CR 40 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Cardivas CR 40 mg (Carvedilol):
About Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
Cardivas CR 40 mg contains an active ingredient Carvedilol 40 mg, an alpha and beta blocker (Antihypertensive) which is used to lower the blood pressure and also used to treat heart failure, chest pain (Angina), and Hypertension. You can purchase it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cardivas CR 40 mg.
Cardivas CR 40 mg contains Carvedilol 40 mg per tablet (control release) which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
Cardivas CR 40 mg is used in:
- Congestive heart failure
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
How Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol) Works:
Cardivas CR 40 mg contains an active ingredient Carvedilol, is an alpha and beta blocker. It lowers the blood pressure by slowing heart rate and relaxing blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organ.
Before You Use Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carvedilol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
You should avoid Cardivas CR 40 mg if you:
- Have Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Kidney Dysfunction
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cardivas CR 40 mg contains Carvedilol 40 mg, used in the treatment of Heart Failure and Hypertension. Cardivas CR 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cardivas CR 40 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cardivas CR 40 mg.
How To Take The Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol):
Cardivas CR 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cardivas CR 40 Mg:
You are always advised to take Cardivas CR 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Cardivas CR 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cardivas CR 40 Mg (Carvedilol)?
- Weight Gain
- Increased Sweating
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Loss of Strength
- Cold Hands or Feet
- Back Pain
- Erectile Dysfunctioning
- Unusual Tiredness or Weakness
- Nausea and Vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cardivas CR 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antidiabetic Medicines
- Beta-2 Adrenergic Bronchodilators
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Bradyarrhythmia/AV Block
Warning And Precaution:
Cardivas CR 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Lung Function
- Diabetic patients
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women.
- It should be given with caution to patients who are scheduled for major surgery.
- It should be given with caution to patients with increased thyroid levels.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Always follow the Diet chart and exercise schedule as your doctor has suggested
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor in case of any confusion related to the dose, time, and the strength of the tablet
Do not stop Cardivas CR 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cardivas CR 40 mg at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.