Cefadur DT 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil)
What Is The Generic Name For Cefadur:
Cefadroxil is the generic version for Cefadur
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cefadur DT 250 mg (Cefadroxil):
About Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
Cefadur DT 250 mg contains an active ingredient Cefadroxil DT 250 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft tissue, and throat. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You can buy it only through a doctor’s prescription from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cefadur DT 250 mg is manufactured by one of the top leading pharmaceutical company, Cipla (India).
Cefadur DT 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefadroxil DT 250 mg which is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
Cefadur DT 250 mg is used in various bacterial infections:
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Gonococcal infection
- It can be used in many other infections not listed here.
How Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil) Works:
Cefadroxil is the active agent present in the Cefadur DT 250 mg which works by killing the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefadroxil
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, and Supplements
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
You should avoid Cefadur DT 250 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cefadur DT 250 mg contains Cefadroxil 200 mg which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Cefadur DT 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cefadur DT 250 mg at a fixed time with food to avoid Nausea/Vomiting. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cefadur DT 250 mg.
How To Take The Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil):
Cefadur DT 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil)
You are always advised to take Cefadur DT 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Cefadur DT 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cefadur DT 250 Mg (Cefadroxil)
- Abdominal pain
- Dark or clay colored stools
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Redness of skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cefadur DT 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Cefadur DT 250 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Cefadroxil
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired kidney function
- Drug Resistance
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop taking Cefadur DT 250 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cefadur DT 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.