Cilanem 500+500 Mg (100 ml)
USA Brand Name
Imipenem + Cilastatin
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Cilanem 500+500 Mg (100 ml) (Imipenem and Cilastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Cilanem:
Imipenem and Cilastatin is the generic version for Cilanem
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cilanem 500+500 mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
About Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
Cilanem 500+500 mg contains Imipenem 500 mg and Cilastatin 500 mg which is used in the treatment of serious Bacterial Infections. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores if you have a doctor’s prescription.
One of the top leading company, Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is manufacturing Cilanem 500+500 mg.
Cilanem 500+500 mg contains Imipenem 500 mg and Cilastatin 500 mg per 10 ml of injection. This combination may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
Cilanem 500+500 mg is used to treat serious Bacterial Infections:
- Skin and soft tissue Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Blood infections
- Brain Infections
- Lungs Infections
How Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin) Works:
Cilanem 500+500 mg works as:
Imipenem kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Cilastatin basically blocks the enzymes which destroys the antibiotics.
Before You Use Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
You should avoid Cilanem 500+500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it or any of its contents
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Diseases
- Have urinary Problems
- Have a history of fits/ seizures or brain problems
- Have gastrointestinal disease or inflammation of large intestine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cilanem 500+500 mg contains Imipenem and Cilastatin, which is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cilanem 500+500 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for the infants and the children having severe brain infection and weighing less than 30 kg and has kidney problems.
How Much Of The Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cilanem 500+500 mg. The dose which is to given is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin):
Cilanem 500+500 mg should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin)
You are always advised to take Cilanem 500+500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose.
A missed dose of Cilanem 500+500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cilanem 500+500 Mg (Imipenem and Cilastatin)
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Fever with chills
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing or Rashes
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Tooth discoloration
- Altered sense of taste
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cilanem may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antibiotic Drugs
Warning And Precaution:
Cilanem 500+500 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea
- Drug Resistance
- Other Intestinal disease
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Cholestatic Jaundice
Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Hematopoietic Functions while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not stop taking Cilanem 500+500 mg on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store Cilanem injection at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.