Ciplar 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)
What Is The Generic Name For Ciplar 10 Mg?
Propranolol is the generic version for Ciplar 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
About Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)
Ciplar 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Propranolol, is a beta blocker which is used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain, and Asthma. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ciplar 10 mg.
Ciplar 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Propranolol, 10 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
Ciplar 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
How Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol) Works?
Ciplar 10 mg is a Beta Blocker drug which has Propranolol, as an active ingredient. It basically blocks beta cells on the heart and blood vessels. This reduces Blood Pressure, Heart Beat, and strain on the Heart.
Before You Use Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol):
- Make sure that you are not in a habit of Smoking or using Tobacco
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have Liver problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid Alcohol
- This can cause dizziness and lightheadedness while you get up from lying position. So, to avoid this get up slowly.
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
You should not take Ciplar 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to it
- Have Heart Failure or Asthma
- Are pregnant or conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Are going for any surgery
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have Diabetes or another severe Disease
Ciplar 10 mg is a Beta Blocker drug which has Propranolol, as an active ingredient and used to treat Hypertension, Angina, Heart Attack, etc. although it is not the first choice of Drug but should be taken cautiously. It is available in various strengths and its dose and time should be advised by your doctor. Extended release of this tablet should not be given to children below 17 years of age.
It is better to take Ciplar 10 mg empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hr after the meal). Avoid taking Ciplar 10 mg with a high-fat diet.
How Much Of The Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol) to Be Used?
Ciplar 10 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ciplar 10 mg.
How To Take The Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
Ciplar 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it empty stomach either prior or after the meal. Avoid high-fat diets.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
You are always advised to take Ciplar 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Ciplar 10 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ciplar 10 Mg (Propranolol)?
- Weight Gain
- Skin Blistering
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Chest Pain and Discomfort
- Irregular Heart Beat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Ciplar 10 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Multivitamins are reported to interact with Ciplar 10 mg. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Heart Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Ciplar 10 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
- Heart Failure
- Sportsperson should avoid it during sports events because it is listed in the banned drugs published by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- It may exacerbate Ischemic Heart Disease after abrupt withdrawal. You should always consult your doctor for such kind of Disease. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Ciplar 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.