Cisplat 50 Mg Infusion
USA Brand Name
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries, India
Cisplat 50 Mg Infusion (Cisplatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Cisplat:
Cisplatin is the generic version for Cisplat
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cisplat 50 mg (Cisplatin):
About Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Cisplat 50 mg contains Cisplatin as an active constituent, which is used in the treatment of various types of cancers. You can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores on prescription only but injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse.
One of the top leading company, Biochem Pharmaceuticals (India) is manufacturing Cisplat 50 mg infusion. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Cisplat 50 mg infusion contains Cisplatin weighing 50 mg per pack of infusion. This injection/ infusion may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Cisplat 50 mg is used to treat advanced and metastasized:
- Testicular Cancers
- Ovarian Cancer
- Bladder Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of head and neck
- Small and Non-small cell lung Carcinoma
- Cervical Carcinoma
How Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin) Works:
Cisplat 50 mg containing Cisplatin is an antineoplastic drug which basically destroys the genetic material, DNA by sealing the two strands which disables it to multiply/ divide or grow. Hence, retards cancerous cells growth.
Before You Use Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic or sensitive to its contents
- You have told your doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, lifestyles, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid using aluminium utensils or needles or catheters as Cisplatin form black precipitates of platinum
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
You should avoid Cisplat 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Diseases
- Have blood disorders
- Have urinary Problems
- Have severe bacterial and viral Infections
- Have gastrointestinal disease or inflammation of large intestine or other organs
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have abnormal blood profile (inadequate amount of RBCs, WBCs, and blood platelets)
- Have abnormal urea levels
- Have gastrointestinal disease, lung disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cisplat 50 mg contains Cisplatin, which is also available in various other substitutes with different strengths and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always discuss with your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Adults are advised to take Cisplat 50 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Never try to self administer the drug. It must not be recommended for the infants, children and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin) to Be Used:
Patients are always suggested to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to use Cisplat 50 mg but it must be injected by your doctor or nurse only. The dose which is to be given is dependent upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Cisplat 50 mg injection or infusion should be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not try to self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin)
You are always advised to take Cisplat 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to use it for a longer time than prescribed and they should also make sure to complete the course.
Chances of overdose are minimal when it is given by or under supervision of doctor in hospital. But in case if you are facing any trouble or symptoms of overdosing, contact your doctor immediately and discuss all the things happened to you.
A missed dose of Cisplat 50 mg should be injected as soon as you remember it. Consult it with your doctor and let him to do the rightful. You have to skip the dose if it is already the time for the next dose. Do not double or multiply the dose in lieu of making up the missed ones.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cisplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin)
- Allergic reactions like rashes, pruritus, Urticaria, erythema, etc.
- Swelling of lips, face, tongue, eyelids hands and feet
- Fast heartbeat
- Muscle pain
- Injection site reactions
- Decrease in libido
- Stomach pain
- Lower back pain or joint pain
- Loss of taste
- Convulsions/ Seizures
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cisplatin may interact with other medicines you are already taking and it can cause various adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Other drugs may also potentiate the adverse effects or chelating affects of Cisplatin. Hence, always discuss with your doctor if you are on any Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antihypertensives and diuretics like B-blockers, Furosemide, Hydralazine, Diazoxide, etc.
- Amphotericin B
- Bleomycin and Vinblastin
- Yellow fever live vaccines
Warning And Precaution:
Cisplat 50 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Hearing Impairment
- Blood Cell Counts imbalance
- Special care should be taken in case of bacterial or viral infections
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Consult your doctor and discuss all the issues related to your health for better dosage adjustment and effective treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Cisplat 50 mg injection out of reach and sight of the children
- Keep examining the Kidney/Liver and Blood profile every week during Cisplatin treatment
- Do not take this medicine until you achieve normal values of serum creatinine, WBCs, RBCs, Urea, Platelets, and Audiogram
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt in case of its dose, time, and effects.
Cisplatin 50 mg injection is used in treatment of various types of cancers. Do not stop its course in between or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store the Cisplat 50 mg injection at cool temperature in clean, dark and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked while purchasing or before using.