Clokeran 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil)
What Is The Generic Name For Clokeran:
Chlorambucil is the generic version for Clokeran
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Clokeran 5 mg (Chlorambucil):
About Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
Clokeran 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Chlorambucil, which is used in the treatment of Blood cancer and Hodgkin’s disease and can be found at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Natco Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Clokeran 5 mg.
Clokeran 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Chlorambucil, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
Clokeran 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin’s Disease
How Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil) Works:
Clokeran 5 mg contains Chlorambucil as an anti cancer agent which damages the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Before You Use Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Chlorambucil
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Do not take Live Vaccines (Measles, Rubella, Mumps, etc.) and avoid contact with the person who have received these vaccines if you are taking chlorambucil; it is just to prevent yourself from viral infection
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
You should not use Clokeran 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have hereditary problems like glucose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose Malabsorption
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Have Bone Pain or Fracture
- Have hand and foot problems
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Clokeran 5 mg contains Chlorambucil, which is used in the treatment of Blood Cancer and Hodgkin’s disease. Clokeran 5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and should be given on doctor’s prescription only.
How Much Of The Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Clokeran 5 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil):
Clokeran 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken empty stomach. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil)
You are always advised to take Clokeran 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Clokeran 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Clokeran 5 Mg (Chlorambucil)
- Skin Rashes
- Decreased Blood cells (white blood cell count, Red Blood Cells causing Anaemia and Platelets)
- Bone marrow Suppression
- Dry mouth
- Mouth Ulcers
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Clokeran 5 mg effects may be altered by other medicines or other products you using. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines and related products
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Kidney Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Clokeran 5 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Skin Problems
- Blood cell problems
- Diarrhea and Dehydration
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Close monitoring is required if a child is having Nephrotic syndrome/ if you have been prescribed high pulse dosing regimens/ have a history of seizures or Epilepsy.
- Regular monitoring of blood count is needed while taking it
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Clokeran 5 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store it at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.