Cobix 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib)
What Is The Generic Name For Cobix:
Celecoxib is the generic version for Cobix
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib)
About Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib)
Cobix 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Celecoxib, which is used in relieving the pain during osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, arthralgia, muscle pain, menstruation and post operative pain. It is prescription only drug and may be found at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cobix 100 mg.
Cobix 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Celecoxib, 5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
Cobix 100 mg is used in the treatment of pain associated with the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis, etc.
How Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib) Works:
Celecoxib in Cobix blocks the release of certain chemical messengers (Cox-2) that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Before You Use Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Celecoxib
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre- existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
You should not take Cobix 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have Heart Problems as it may raise the chances of Heart Attack, Clots and Stroke
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have other Heart Complications
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Cobix 100 mg contains Celecoxib, which is used to treat pain of different conditions and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always discuss with your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cobix 100 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects. It has less side effects than other NSAIDs used for pain treatment.
How Much Of The Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cobix 100 mg.
How To Take The Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
Cobix 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing the tablet. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib)
You are always advised to take Cobix 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Call your doctor immediately or reach to nearby hospital if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Cobix 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cobix 100 Mg (Celecoxib):
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Increase in body fat and cholesterol
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Decreased Appetite
- Runny Nose
- Gastritis and Flatulence
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Allergic Skin Reaction
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cobix 100 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause any of the drug not to work properly. Hence, Always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It also interacts with following disease condition:
- Heart Block
- Fluid Retention
Warning And Precaution:
Cobix 100 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Other Heart diseases like Heart Block, Ischemia
- Lung inflammation/Bronchial Asthma
- Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
- Heart Failure
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- You should use Multivitamins with caution if you are going to take Cobix 100 mg.
- Always consult your doctor to get best available treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of liver function is important
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any confusion related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Cobix 100 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking in between even if you feel better.
Store the Cobix 100 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.