Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine)
What Is The Generic Name For Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet:
Vinpocetine is the generic version for Cognitol 5 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
About Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine)
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Vinpocetine, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Dementia in Parkinson's disease, Age-related memory loss, Head injury. With old age, there is a decline in mental & physical functions. Some older people fail to remember names, misplace things, which is a normal part of ageing. But, when this starts to affect the daily life of the person, it leads to “dementia.” Dementia is a type of condition in which there is a loss of memory, confusion, difficulty in problem-solving or judgment of a person. One of the most common reasons for dementia is Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease is a disease of the brain that gradually begins after the age of 60 years but worsens soon over a period. It leads to the death of a large number of nerve cells in the brain. In Alzheimer’s disease, there is a failure of functioning of nerve cells in the brain which is due to abnormal material (protein) accumulation in the brain that disturbs the communication between brain cells & leads to shrinkage and death of the brain cells. A stroke is a life-threatening medical emergency which can occur when there is a sudden deprivation of oxygen & nutrients to the brain cells when the blood supply to the brain is interrupted or greatly reduced. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cognitol 5 mg Tablet.
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet contains an active constituent, Vinpocetine (5 mg). It is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Dementia in Parkinson's disease
- Age related memory loss
- Head injury
- Cerebral circulatory disturbances
How Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine) Works:
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Vinpocetine which is a semi-synthetic derivative of vincamine, an alkaloid derived from Vinca minor L. plant. Vinpocetine is a nerve repairing medicine which works on the brain by repairing the nerve cells & improves their survival.
Before You Use Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Vinpocetine
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
You should not take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have blood clotting disorder
- Have cerebral haemorrhage
- Have Intracranial Hypertension
- Have heart disease
- Have hypotension
- Have bleeding disorder
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Have infections
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Vinpocetine, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Dementia in Parkinson's disease, Age-related memory loss, Head injury. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine) to Be Used:
As Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet. You must not take the Tablet on your own & for a longer period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
Take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Take the Tablet as a whole. You are suggested not to chew, crush or break the Tablet. Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is to be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
You are always advised to take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must strictly follow all the directions given by your doctor. You must not take the Tablet in larger or smaller quantity or for a longer period than suggested by your doctor.
You must seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your medical doctor instantly in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency treatment will be initiated immediately by your medical doctor if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet should be administered as soon as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next planned dosage. It is advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cognitol 5 Mg Tablet (Vinpocetine):
- Skin Rash
- Fast heartbeat
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Itching of skin
- Dry mouth
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Stomach pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cognitol 5 mg Tablet. These interactions may generate some needless or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Kidney Disease
- Bleeding disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients under 18 years of age
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must monitor your body weight regularly as it can cause weight loss
- You must drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must regularly check your blood pressure while taking this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get the best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Cognitol 5 mg Tablet out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with caution for the treatment of children
- Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnancy due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than suggested by the medical doctor.
Store the Cognitol 5 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact & not damaged while purchasing or storing.