Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection
USA Brand Name
Darbepoetin alfa (100mcg)
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa)
What Is The Generic Name For Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection:
Darbepoetin Alfa is the generic version for Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
About Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa)
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection contains an active ingredient, Darbepoetin Alfa, which is used to treat a lesser than standard count of red blood cells (anemia) which is caused by chronic kidney failure (a condition in which the kidneys slowly & permanently stop functioning over a period of time). This medicine is also used to treat anemia caused by chemotherapy medications (cancer drugs) in patients who are suffering from certain specific types of cancer. Anemia refers to the condition in which there is a decreased level of red blood cells (RBCs). Patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) progressively develop anemia that worsens as the disease progresses. As the kidneys partially but permanently lose their functions in CKD, there is not sufficient erythropoietin formation. This hormone promotes the production of RBCs by the bone marrow. As a consequence, production of RBCs is affected, which leads to fewer RBCs than normal. Some types of cancer which affect blood & bone marrow, such as, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and lymphoma, can crowd out red blood cells. Also, cancer treatment, including chemotherapy & radiotherapy, can lead to anemia in cancer patients. This happens when some drugs or radiation kill the red blood cells along with the targeted cancerous cells. This medicine is promptly obtainable at all the primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & it must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection.
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection contains an active constituent, Darbepoetin Alfa (100 mcg). This medicine is easily available in other substitutes and also at all the primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Anemia due to chronic kidney disease
- Anemia due to cancer chemotherapy
How Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa) Works:
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection has an active ingredient; Darbepoetin Alfa, is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) which acts by stimulating the bone marrow (soft tissue in the bones that produces red blood cells) to produce more red blood cells. Darbepoetin Alfa drug binds to the erythropoietin receptor on the erythroid progenitor cells, which stimulates the RBC production & differentiation.
Before You Use Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Darbepoetin Alfa
- You are not having some grave Disease
- Your doctor must be well-informed concerning about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
You should not take Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Have uncontrolled hypertension
- Have pure red cell aplasia
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Are undergoing cancer treatment
- Have undergone heart and blood vessels surgery
- Have cardiovascular disease
- Have seizures
- High hemoglobin levels
- Have infections
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection contains an active ingredient, Darbepoetin Alfa, which is used to treat a lesser than standard count of red blood cells (anemia) which is caused by chronic kidney failure or cancer chemotherapy. This medicine is easily available in different substitutes & strength. It should be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must ask about with your medical doctor for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine given the fact that age & severity of the disease vary from person to person. This can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa) to Be Used:
As Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection is available in various strengths & substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection. You should not take the Injection on your own & for a longer time than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
You are always advised to take Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection as prescribed. You should not start/stop using this medicine suddenly on your own knowledge. You should follow all the guidelines given by your doctor, rigorously. Don't take the Injection in a larger or smaller degree or for a extended period than recommended by the doctor.
You should go for medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in case of any overdose symptoms. As Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical set by a skilled healthcare expert, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, the emergency action will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Injection has to be controlled as fast as possible. You should strictly omission the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. You should not take the double dosage of medicine to make up for the missed dosage. As Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical set by a skilled healthcare expert, the likelihood of a missed dose is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cresp Onco 100 Mcg Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
- Stomach pain
- Redness, bruising, swelling, itching, or a lump at the injection site
- Skin rash and itching
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling of the face, hands, arms, lower legs, or feet
- Excessive tiredness and weakness
- Dizziness and fainting
- Pale skin
- Nausea or vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Burning, tingling, numbness in the arms & feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Several medicines have been reported to interact with Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection. These interactions might produce some needless or negative effects or may cause your drug not to function properly. You must frequently have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that effective medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also relate with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Seizure disorder
- Blood clotting disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- children and adolescents should not recommend to use of this medicine.
- You have to regularly done your blood tests to check your blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, liver & kidney function, during treatment with this medicine
- You should also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked frequently while taking this medicine
- You should not drive or operate heavy machines concurrently as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You be supposed not to take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- if you are penetrating several of the above mentioned symptoms then you should talk about this with your medical doctor to get the most excellent possible treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection out the reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with caution for treatment of the children
- Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection is not suggested for use in pregnant women because it will increase risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You should always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- if you have any confusion in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine then talk about this with your medical doctor.
Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection should be taken as recommended by your doctor. you must not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Cresp Onco 100 mcg Injection at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Injection is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.