Cynomycin 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline)
What Is The Generic Name For Cynomycin 100 Mg:
Minocycline is the generic version for Cynomycin 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cynomycin 100 mg (Minocycline):
About Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
Cynomycin 100 mg contains an active ingredient Minocycline 100 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Leading online drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores will have Cynomycin but you can buy it on doctor’s prescription only.
Pfizer (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cynomycin 100 mg.
Cynomycin 100 mg contains Minocycline 100 mg per tablet which may be available in different substitutes and may be other strengths at any of the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
Cynomycin is used in:
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Skin infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Acne Vulgaris
- Meningococcal Meningitis
How Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline) Works:
Cipmox containing Minocycline (an antibiotic) inhibits bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins which are very important and required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Before You Use Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Minocycline
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Antacids, Iron, and Calcium before or after 6hrs of taking this medicine
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
You should not take Cynomycin 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Appear to have skin rashes, swelling of face and mouth, difficulty in breathing while taking it
- Have severe Liver and Kidney Dysfunction
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Are suffering from Diarrhea or Bloody Diarrhea while taking this medicine
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cynomycin contains Minocycline 100 mg, used in the treatment of bacterial infections. This combination is available in other substitutes and different strengths also and should be given on prescription only. Always ask your doctor for the frequency, duration and dosage of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Cynomycin 100 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not stop taking the medicine if it seems it has worked. You are advised to complete the course even if you are feeling better.
How Much Of The Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cynomycin 100 mg. In general, it is given twice or thrice a day at fixed times. Dose may vary depending upon the condition of the patient.
How To Take The Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline):
Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Take Cipmox tablet at fixed time with food and plenty of fluids to avoid Stomach Upset and Acid Reflux.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline)
Patients are always advised to take Cynomycin 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but always finish your basic course of antibiotics.
Call your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms
A missed dose of Cynomycin 100 mg must be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cynomycin 100 Mg (Minocycline)
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
- Hearing impairment
- Tooth discoloration
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cipmox may interact with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Calcium Gluconate
- Live cholera vaccine
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Cynomycin 100 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy/ Hypersensitivity to Cynomycin 100 mg
- Impaired kidney/ liver function
- Pediatric use
- It is not recommended in pregnant and breastfeeding women
Things To Remember:
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid stomach upset and acid reflux.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop taking Cynomycin 100 mg in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cynomycin 100 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are not damaged.