Cytogard 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)
What Is The Generic Name For Cardarone:
Trimetazidine is the generic version for Cardarone
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
About Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)
Cytogard 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Trimetazidine, which is used in the treatment of Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain). It prevents new attack of angina but does not stop acute attacks. Online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores are the places you may find the medicine easily but you can take it only on doctor’s prescription.
Abbott (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cytogard 20 mg.
Cytogard 20 mg contains Trimetazidine 20 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
Cytogard 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
How Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine) Works:
Trimetazidine in Cytogard found to decrease the oxygen requirements of the heart by shifting its metabolism from fats to glucose which leads to more efficient work by heart.
Before You Use Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Trimetazidine
- You do not have persistent Cough
- Your doctor knows about your about your Pre- existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving and any mechanical activity that involve your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
You should not take Cytogard 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Cytogard 20 mg contains Trimetazidine that is used in the treatment of Angina Pectoris. It is known for Improving HbA1c and blood sugar levels in diabetes patients. Cytogard 20 mg may be available in different strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cytogard 20 mg at a fixed time with food. Take it regularly by time for better effects. It is not recommended for children and adolescents.
How Much Of The Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions to take the proper dose. Cytogard 20 mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition.
How To Take The Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
Cytogard 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
You are always advised to take Cytogard 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Cytogard 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cytogard 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Abdominal Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cytogard 20 mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements. Cytogard 20 mg interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Cytogard 20 mg should be taken cautiously in the following conditions:
- Elderly Patients
- It should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women unless it is the only option to give as it may cause serious effects to the mother and baby both.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is necessary
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Cytogard 20 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Cytogard 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.