Dacarex 100 Mg Injection
USA Brand Name
Alkem (Cytomed) Laboratories Ltd.
Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine)
What Is The Generic Name For Dacarex 100 Mg Injection:
Dacarbazine is the generic version for Dacarex 100 mg Injection
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
About Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine)
Dacarex 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Dacarbazine, which is used in the treatment of malignant melanoma & Hodgkin’s disease. Melanoma is the serious kind of skin cancer. Symptoms of melanoma is a change in the size, color, shape, or feel of a mole. Most melanomas have a black or black-blue area but may also appear as a new mole. Hodgkin disease is a type of lymphoma which is a cancer of a part of the immune system called the lymph system. The sign of Hodgkin disease is an enlarged lymph node. The disease can spread to nearby lymph nodes and may spread to the lungs, liver, or bone marrow. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores & must be taken by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Laboratories Ltd.is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Dacarex 100 mg Injection. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Dacarex 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Dacarbazine, which is available in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
Dacarex 100 mg Injection is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Malignant Melanoma
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Soft tissue sarcomas
How Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine) Works:
Dacarex 100 mg Injection has an active ingredient; Dacarbazine. Dacarbazine acts by methylating guanine at the O-6 & N-7 positions. Guanine is one of the four nucleotides which make up DNA. The methylated DNA strands stick together such that cell division becomes unfeasible. This affects cancer cells more than healthy cells since cancer cells divide faster.
Before You Use Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Dacarbazine
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your health history like your pre- existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
You should not take Dacarex 100 mg Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have active infections
- Have Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have blood disorder
- Have infections
- Have lung disease or breathing problems
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Dacarex 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Dacarbazine, which is used in the treatment of malignant melanoma & Hodgkin’s disease. This medicine is accessible in different strengths & substitutes & must be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Dacarex 100 mg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Dacarex 100 mg Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine) to Be Used:
As Dacarex 100 mg Injection is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Dacarex 100 mg Injection. Do not take the Injection on your own & for longer period than recommended by doctor.
How To Take The Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
Dacarex 100 mg Injection should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Dacarex 100 mg Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
You are always advised to take Dacarex 100 mg Injection as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Strictly follow the guidelines provided by your doctor. Do not take the Injection in larger or smaller quantity or for longer period than suggested by your doctor.
Seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your surgeon immediately in case of any overdose symptoms. Since Dacarex 100 mg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical setting by a qualified healthcare professional, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, emergency measure will be initiated immediately by your physician if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the injection should be administered by the doctor as soon as possible. It is strictly suggested to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. You must not double the dosage of the prescription to make up for the missed dosage. Since Dacarex 100 mg Injection is administered by a qualified healthcare professional in the clinical or hospital setting, the likelihood of a missed dosage is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Dacarex 100 Mg Injection (Dacarbazine):
- Redness, pain or swelling at the injection site
- Blood in urine or stools
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Black or tarry stools
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Decreased white blood cell count
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Dacarex 100 mg Injection. This interaction may produce some unnecessary or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always discuss with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- BCG vaccine
It can also interact with following disease condition:
- Bone marrow suppression
- Liver disease
- Renal impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Dacarex 100 mg Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Liver/kidney disease
- You must use an effective method of contraception before starting treatment, during treatment, & until 12 months after stopping treatment
- You must not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking Dacarbazine injection
- You must avoid exposure to sunlight and use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing
- Regular monitoring of complete blood cell counts is necessary during treatment with this medicine
- You should not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this medicine as it may cause nausea and vomiting
- Always consult with your doctor immediately to get best possible treatment if you are suffering from any of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Dacarex 100 mg Injection out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly not used to treat children, adolescents, and elderly
- Dacarex 100 mg Injection is not recommended for use in pregnant women due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always examine the information precisely written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Dacarex 100 mg Injection should be taken for cancer treatment. Do not take this medication for longer period than suggested by the Doctor.
Store the Dacarex 100 mg Injection at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Injection is intact and not damaged while purchasing or storing.