International Brand Name
Darbepoetin alfa (40mcg)
Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa)
What Is The Generic Name For Darbotin 40 Injection:
Darbepoetin Alfa is the generic version for Darbotin 40 Injection
Which International Brand is Equivalent To Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
About Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa)
Darbotin 40 Injection contains an active ingredient, Darbepoetin Alfa, which is used to treat a lesser than standard count of red blood cells (anemia) which is caused by chronic kidney failure (a condition in which the kidneys slowly & permanently stop functioning over a period of time). This medicine is also used to treat anemia caused by chemotherapy medications (cancer drugs) in patients who are suffering from certain specific types of cancer. Anemia refers to the condition in which there is a decreased level of red blood cells (RBCs). Patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) progressively develop anemia that worsens as the disease progresses. As the kidneys partially but permanently lose their functions in CKD, there is not sufficient erythropoietin formation. This hormone promotes the production of RBCs by the bone marrow. As a consequence, production of RBCs is affected, which leads to fewer RBCs than normal. Some types of cancer which affect blood & bone marrow, such as, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and lymphoma, can crowd out red blood cells. Also, cancer treatment, including chemotherapy & radiotherapy, can lead to anemia in cancer patients. This happens when some drugs or radiation kill the red blood cells along with the targeted cancerous cells. This medicine is readily obtainable at all the primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & it must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Wockhardt Ltd. is one of the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Darbotin 40 Injection.
Darbotin 40 Injection contains an active constituent, Darbepoetin Alfa (40 mcg). This medicine is readily obtainable in other substitutes and also at all the primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Darbotin 40 Injection is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Anemia due to chronic kidney disease
- Anemia due to cancer chemotherapy
How Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa) Works:
Darbotin 40 Injection has an active ingredient; Darbepoetin Alfa, is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) which acts by stimulating the bone marrow (soft tissue in the bones that produces red blood cells) to produce more red blood cells. Darbepoetin Alfa drug binds to the erythropoietin receptor on the erythroid progenitor cells, which stimulates the RBC production & differentiation.
Before You Use Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Darbepoetin Alfa
- You are not having some grave Disease
- Your doctor must be well informed concerning your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
You should not take Darbotin 40 Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Have uncontrolled hypertension
- Have pure red cell aplasia
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Are undergoing cancer treatment
- Have undergone heart and blood vessels surgery
- Have cardiovascular disease
- Have seizures
- High hemoglobin levels
- Have infections
Darbotin 40 Injection contains an active ingredient, Darbepoetin Alfa, which is used to treat a lesser than standard count of red blood cells (anemia) which is caused by chronic kidney failure or cancer chemotherapy. This medicine is readily obtainable in different substitutes & strength. It has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must speak about with your medical doctor for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine given the fact that age & severity of the disease vary from person to person. This can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Darbotin 40 Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Darbotin 40 Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa) to Be Used:
As Darbotin 40 Injection is available in various strengths & substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Darbotin 40 Injection. You should not take the Injection on your own & for a longer time than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
Darbotin 40 Injection should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Darbotin 40 Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
You are always advised to take Darbotin 40 Injection as prescribed. You should not start/stop using this medication abruptly on your own. You must follow all the guidelines given by your doctor, rigorously. You should not take the Injection in a larger or smaller degree or for an extended period than recommended by your doctor.
You should seek medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in case of some overdose symptoms. As Darbotin 40 Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical set by a skilled healthcare expert, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, the emergency action will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Injection has to be administered as fast as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. It is strictly recommended not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage. As Darbotin 40 Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical set by a skilled healthcare expert, the likelihood of a missed dose is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Darbotin 40 Injection (Darbepoetin Alfa):
- Stomach pain
- Redness, bruising, swelling, itching, or a lump at the injection site
- Skin rash and itching
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling of the face, hands, arms, lower legs, or feet
- Excessive tiredness and weakness
- Dizziness and fainting
- Pale skin
- Nausea or vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Burning, tingling, numbness in the arms & feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Several medicines have been reported to interact with Darbotin 40 Injection. These interactions might produce some needless or unfavorable effects or may cause your drug not to function properly. You must constantly have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-intended medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Seizure disorder
- Blood clotting disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Darbotin 40 Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this medicine is not recommended by children and adolescents
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to check your blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, liver & kidney function, during treatment with this medicine
- You should also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked frequently while taking this medicine
- You should not drive or operate heavy machines concurrently as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You be supposed not to take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must always talk about with your medical doctor to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above-mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Darbotin 40 Injection out of reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with vigilance for treatment of children
- Darbotin 40 Injection is not suggested for use in pregnant women due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You should always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must always talk about with your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Darbotin 40 Injection should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Darbotin 40 Injection at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Injection is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.
|Item Condition||Price Currency||MPN||Product Id||PriceValidUntil|
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What are generic medicines?Generic medicines are the medicines that have the same active ingredients as that of the brand medicines but differ in inactive ingredients (ingredients that are used for coloring, preservation, etc.). Generics have the same side-effects, treatment, precautions, and dosage as that of the brand medicine. They are approved by WHO.
Q2. Why are generic medicines cheaper and are they safe to use?Generic medicines are cheap because they do not involve the cost of marketing, advertisement, promotion, attractive packaging, etc. All the brand medicines spend a lot of money on the aforementioned processes and the final cost is added to the products cost. Generic medicines are exclusive of this cost. These medicines are approved by WHO and completely safe to use.
Q3. Is a prescription compulsory to place an order at Cheap Medicine Shop?Ans. Cheap Medicine Shop does not entertain the sale on any medicine online in the absence of a legitimate prescription certified by a doctor. The order stands cancel on the failure to submit the prescription within fifteen days from the date of placing the order.
Q4. How long does the delivery of the order take?Ans. We promise you to deliver the order at your doorstep within 15 days in the US and 3 to 4 weeks for other countries, from the date of confirmation of the order.