Deslor 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)
What Is The Generic Name For Deslor 5 Mg?
Desloratadine is the generic version for Deslor 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
About Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)
Deslor 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Desloratadine, which is used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies. This includes symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and sore throat. It is also used to relieve skin allergies. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Deslor 5 mg.
Deslor 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Desloratadine, 5 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
Deslor 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Chronic Urticaria
How Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine) Works?
Deslor 5 mg is an anti-allergic medicine which has Desloratadine, as an active ingredient. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching and other allergic reactions.
Before You Use Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine):
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
You should not take Deslor 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Loratadine or Desloratadine
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Deslor 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Desloratadine, which is used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies. It is available in various strengths and substitutes. You must consult with your doctor prior to start the course. It should be taken with or without a meal but at a fixed time. Dose and time of Deslor 5 mg depending upon the severity and age of the patients. Do not stop the course abruptly.
How Much Of The Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine) to Be Used?
Deslor 5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Deslor 5 mg.
How To Take The Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
Deslor 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
You are always advised to take Deslor 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Deslor 5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double your dose in this case.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Deslor 5 Mg (Desloratadine)?
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Allergic skin reaction
- Nausea or vomiting
- Influenza-like symptoms
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Deslor 5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
Warning And Precaution:
Deslor 5 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Children below 12 years of age
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- It should be avoided in old patients with Tendinitis (Tendon rupture) or myasthenia gravis
- Deslor 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Deslor 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.