Distaclor 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor)
What Is The Generic Name For Distaclor:
Cefaclor is the generic version for Distaclor
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Distaclor 500 mg (Cefaclor):
About Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
Distaclor 500 mg contains an active ingredient Cefaclor 300 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, lungs and post surgical infections. It is prescription based drug and you may buy it from any of the leading online drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores
Menarini (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Distaclor 500 mg.
Distaclor 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefaclor 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
Distaclor 500 mg is used in:
- Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis
- Acute Bacterial Otitis Media
- Skin and Soft tissue Infection
How Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor) Works:
Distaclor 500 mg (Cefaclor) is an antibiotic that basically work by killing the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefaclor
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Distaclor 500 mg with dietary sodium
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
You should not take Distaclor 500 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool after using it
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Distaclor 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefaclor 50 mg, used in the treatment of bacterial infections and can be found in various strengths and substitutes. Consult with your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Distaclor 500 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions to take Distaclor 500 mg. Dose are directly dependent on severity of the infection in the patient.
How To Take The Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor):
Distaclor 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor)
You are always advised to take Distaclor 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but complete the course for better effects.
Contact your doctor immediately or reach to the nearby medical center if you are suspecting the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Distaclor 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Distaclor 500 Mg (Cefaclor)
- Chest Pain
- Skin Rash
- Swelling of Face and Mouth
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Shortness of Breath
- Abdominal Pain
- Muscle rigidity
- Difficult or painful urination
- Change in taste
- Acid or sour stomach
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Distaclor 500 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Blood Thinners like Warfarin
Interaction with lab test:
- Urine test
- Blood test
Warning And Precaution:
Distaclor 500 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired kidney function
- Gastrointestinal Diseases like colitis
- Kidney Disease
- Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population
- Do not forget to consult with your doctor for best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
Consult your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dose, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Finish the antibiotic course without stopping in between. Also, do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
- Store the Distaclor 500 mg tablets at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.
- Keep out of reach of children