Donep 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alkem Laboratories, India
What Is The Generic Name For Donep 5 Mg?
Donepezil is the generic version for Donep 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
About Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)
Donep 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Donepezil, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in Parkinson’s disease. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Donep 5 mg.
Donep 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Donepezil, 5 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
Donep 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dementia in Parkinson’s Disease
How Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil) Works?
Donep 5 mg is an antibiotic which has Donepezil, as an active ingredient. It basically works by increasing the levels of Acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals which further improves memory.
Before You Use Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
You should not take Donep 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Donep contains an active ingredient, Donepezil, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in Parkinson’s disease. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Donep 5 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without a meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil) to Be Used?
Donep 5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Donep 5 mg.
How To Take The Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
Donep 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
You are always advised to take Donep 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Donep 5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Donep 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
- Muscle Cramps
- Weight loss
- Unusual Bleeding
- Frequent Urination
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Donep 5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Lung Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Donep 5 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders and Lung Diseases
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Lung Diseases.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Donep 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Donep 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.