Doxacard 4 Mg
USA Brand Name
Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate)
What Is The Generic Name For Doxacard:
Doxazosin Mesylate is the generic version for Doxacard
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
About Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate)
Doxacard 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Doxazosin Mesylate, which is used in the treatment of high blood Pressure and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It is a prescription based drug and can be purchased from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supplystores and can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Doxacard 4 mg.
Doxacard 4 mg contains Doxazosin Mesylate 400 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
Doxacard 4 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- High Blood Pressure
How Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate) Works:
Doxacard 4 mg has Doxazosin Mesylate which is an alpha blocker that lowers down the blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. It also relaxes muscles around the bladder exit and prostate which makes it easier to urinate.
Before You Use Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Doxazosin Mesylate
- Your doctor knows about your Pre- existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid standing for long time/in hot weather
- Avoid Driving or mechanical job that needs your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
- You should not take Doxacard 4 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Suffered from Cardiogenic Shock
- Have had Heart blockage greater than first degree
- Have Sinus Bradycardia
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have other Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Feel Breathlessness, Persistent Cough, Jaundice, Restless, and Weight Loss/Gain
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Eye Problems
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease or taking other medicines
Doxacard 4 mg contains Doxazosin Mesylate that is used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It is prescription based drug which may be available in different strengths and substitutes. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Doxacard 4 mg at a fixed time regularly with or without food. It has several adverse effects and is prescribed only when the condition is serious and no other treatment is suitable.
How Much Of The Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate) to Be Used:
Doxacard preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition and as instructed by the doctor.
How To Take The Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
Doxacard 4 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly. Just swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
You are always advised to take Doxacard 4 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in larger amount than recommended by your doctor.
Call your doctor or reach to nearby hospital immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Doxacard 4 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Doxacard 4 Mg (Doxazosin Mesylate):
- Increased/Irregular heart rate
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Blood in urine
- Respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Swelling of ankles or feet
- Prolonged and painful erection
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Doxacard 4 mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements. Grapefruit juice is not recommended with this medicine. Doxacard 4 mg interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Drugs
Interaction with disease:
- Electrolyte Imbalance
Warning And Precaution:
Doxacard 4 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Worsened Arrhythmia
- Impaired Liver function
- It is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is good for health
- Rise slowly from lying position as it may cause Dizziness/Fainting
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Doxacard 4 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
- Store the Doxacard 4 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.