Duolin Rotacaps 100 Mg + 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
100 mg + 40 mg
Levosalbutamol +Ipratropium Bromide
Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide)
What Is The Generic Name For Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg+40 Mcg)?
Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide is the generic version for Duolin Rotacaps
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide)?
About The Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg):
Duolin Rotacaps contains active ingredients, Levosalbutamol (100 mcg) and Ipratropium Bromide (40 mcg), used in the treatment of Asthma, Allergic Conditions and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may find it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Levosalbutamol + Ipratropium Bromide.
Duolin Rotacaps (100 mcg + 40 mcg) contains active ingredients, Levosalbutamol (100 mcg) and Ipratropium Bromide (40 mcg) and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg)?
Duolin Rotacaps is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lungs Inflammation
- Constriction of Airways
How Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide) Works?
Duolin Rotacaps (100 mcg + 40 mcg) is consisting of:
Levosalbutamol (a Beta2-adrenergic agonist) acts on airway smooth muscle resulting in muscle relaxation which prevents bronchoconstriction and makes breathing easier.
Ipratropium Bromide (an anticholinergic) basically decreases the activity of acetylcholine in the lung which relaxes and opens the air passages to make breathing easier.
Before You Use Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol Ipratropium Bromide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Salbutamol and Anticholinergics
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide)?
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Duolin Rotacaps.
When Not To Use Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg)?
You should avoid this Rotacaps if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are near a flame or source of heat as the Rotacaps may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have Hypertension
- Have Eye Problems
- Have Hypokalemia as it also decreases the potassium Levels
- Have Thyroid Dysfunctioning
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Rotacaps or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes and corneal swelling (Glaucoma)
- Have Low Potassium Levels and also using medicines like Aminophylline, Theophylline, Diuretics, and Corticosteroids as they together decrease the potassium levels
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Duolin Rotacaps contains active ingredients, Levosalbutamol (100 mcg) and Ipratropium Bromide (40 mcg), used in the treatment of Asthma and other Allergic Conditions. Rotacaps are available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ in each person.
Adults and Children are advised to take Duolin Rotacaps at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) to Be Used?
You should inhale the content as your doctor has directed. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dose and usage.
If you need to take more dose than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and consult your doctor immediately
How To Take The Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) ?
Duolin Rotacaps must not be swallowed. Place the capsule at the base of Rotahaler (a device to put Rotacaps inside). Keep the Rotahaler straight while loading the dose. Twist the mouthpiece completely until you hear a click sound and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for 10 seconds.
In case some powder remains in the Rotahaler, you should repeat the process
For How Long Should You Use Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 40 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide)?
You are always advised to use Duolin Rotacaps for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects
Contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Rotacaps should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of Duolin Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg) (Levosalbutamol+Ipratropium Bromide)?
- Bronchospasm (Wheezing, Chest Tightness, Trouble Breathing)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Numbness or Tingly Feeling
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Duolin Rotacaps which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
Warning And Precaution:
Duolin Rotacaps (100 mcg + 100 mcg) should not be used in:
- Eclampsia and Severe Pre-Eclampsia Intrauterine Infection
- Intrauterine Foetal Death
- Prostatic Hyperplasia
- And it should be used very cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Etc)
- Low Potassium Levels
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with the doctor
Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better; let your doctor decide it.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Monitor your Potassium Levels especially if you taking Diuretics, Aminophylline, Corticosteroids, etc.
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Rotacaps with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Rotacaps after use
- You should always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not use Duolin Rotacaps until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
- Read the information on insert carefully
Store the Duolin Rotacaps at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not refrigerate.