Efavir 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz)
What Is The Generic Name For Efavir:
Efavirenz is the generic version for Efavir
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz):
About Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
Efavir 200 Mg Contains an active ingredient Efavirenz 200 mg, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. It is a prescription based drug which can be bought from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Efavir 200 mg.
Efavir 200 mg contains Efavirenz 200 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strength and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
Efavir 200 mg is used in:
- HIV Infection
How Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz) Works:
Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz) is an antiviral medication which prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells stopping the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Efavirenz
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving as it may cause dizziness
- You must avoid sexual intercourse or take necessary precautions because this medicine does not stops the transmission of the Virus and you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
You should avoid Efavir 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Develop signs of drowsiness/dizziness, difficulty sleeping and concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash/ inflammation/ infection.
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Have or had any Mental Illness or Convulsions/ Seizures
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Efavir 200 mg contains Efavirenz, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Efavir 200 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Efavir 200 mg at a fixed time empty stomach. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. it is not recommended for children and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Efavir 200 mg.
How To Take The Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
Efavir 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It has to be taken empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
Patients are always advised to take Efavir 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Efavir 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Efavir 200 Mg (Efavirenz):
- Dizziness/ Sleepiness
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
- Decrease in granulocyte count
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormal Dreams
- Increased liver enzymes
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Efavir 200 mg may interfere with other medicine which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- CNS Disorders
- Increase in Cholesterol Levels
Warning And Precaution:
Efavir 200 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Efavirenz
- Fat Redistribution
- CNS defects
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Efavir 200 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Efavir 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.