Elocon 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Elocon lotion 5 ml (Mometasone)
What Is The Generic Name Of Elocon 5 ml lotion?
Mometasone is the generic version of Elocon lotion
USA Brands Equivalent To Elocon lotion:
About Elocon lotion (Mometasone):
Elocon lotion contains Mometasone a topical corticosteroid as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of Skin Reactions like Eczema, Psoriasis, and Allergic Symptoms. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Elocon lotion (Mometasone):
Fulford (India) is the one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Elocon lotion 5 ml.
Strength Elocon lotion 5 ml (Mometasone):
Elocon lotion contains an active ingredient, Mometasone in a 5 ml bottle. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Elocon lotion (Mometasone) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Allergic Reaction
How Elocon lotion (Mometasone) Works?
Elocon lotion contains an active ingredient, Mometasone, which reduces the actions of chemicals in the body which are responsible for Inflammation.
Before You Use Elocon lotion (Mometasone):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Elocon lotion (Mometasone)?
You should avoid using the lotion if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- Are suffering from Bacterial, Fungal /Viral Dermatitis
- Have Rosacea (redness, small and superficial dilated blood vessels on facial skin)
- Are suffering from Scaly or Bumpy Rash around the Lips (Perioral Dermatitis)
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Mometasone
- Have diseases like Tuberculosis/Herpes Simplex Virus/Cystic Fibrosis
- Have Cataract/Glaucoma
- Are Diabetic as it may raise Glucose Levels
- Have Lung or Chest Infection/Cold/Breathing Problems
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chopped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Elocon is available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor. It is not recommended for Children below 6 years of age and it should be cautiously used in Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
You should apply the required amount of lotion only as the excessive lotion will not increase the healing process but the piling of the lotion.
How Much Of Elocon lotion (Mometasone) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size lotion on your fingertip and apply a thin layer of the lotion to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Elocon lotion (Mometasone)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the lotion:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the lotion application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size lotion on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Keep it on the affected area so that it can be absorbed better
- Clean your hands carefully after applying unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Elocon lotion (Mometasone)?
You should use this lotion for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days to weeks) after its use. If its effects are not Visible after using it for few days, you just contact your doctor.
Overdose Of Elocon lotion (Mometasone)?
Excessive lotion application results only in piling of lotion and drying of the skin. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Elocon lotion (Mometasone)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Elocon lotion (Mometasone):
The side effects of Elocon lotion include:
- Skin Rashes
- Dry Skin
- Skin Irritation
- Skin Thinning
- Contact Dermatitis
- Burning Sensation/Skin Burn
- Redness of the Skin
Drugs Interact With Elocon lotion (Mometasone):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of lotion. It may cause either allergic reactions or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your lotion. Below are few medicines which interact with Mometasone:
- Antidiabetic Drugs
- Other Skin Cosmetics and Topical Herbal Products may react with the lotion if applied simultaneously but for the detailed knowledge and instructions always take your doctor’s advice.
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking.
Elocon lotion should not be used or cautiously used in:
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic Reaction
- Diaper Rash
- Ocular Toxicities
- It should be applied to External area of the body
Warning And Precautions:
- You should not apply the lotion to itchy or irritating skin to prevent any severe allergic reaction
- Do not cover the affected area after applying the lotion as it would raise the Side effects.
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this lotion then stop using it and consult your doctor
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas.
- Avoid simultaneous application of two products/lotions together to prevent an allergic reaction
Things To Remember:
- Always keep the lotion in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
- Read the insert of the lotion thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Elocon Lotion (Mometasone)?
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration