Emeset 4 Mg
US Brand Name
Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)
What Is The Generic Name For Emeset 4 Mg?
Ondansetron is the generic version for Emeset 4 Mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
About Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)
Emeset 4 Mg contains an active ingredient, Ondansetron, which is used in the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting. It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Emeset 4 Mg.
Emeset 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Ondansetron, 4 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
Emeset 4 mg is used in the treatment of:
- It is also used in chemotherapy-induced or postoperative nausea /vomiting
How Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron) Works?
Emeset 4 mg is an antiemetic, containing Ondansetron, as an active ingredient. It basically inhibits the action of Serotonin, a chemical messenger that triggers Nausea and Vomiting.
Before You Use Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
You should not take Emeset 4 Mg if you:
- Are allergic to this medicine
- Have severe Liver Disease
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Emeset 4 Mg contains an active ingredient, Ondansetron, which is used in the treatment of Nausea and Vomiting. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Emeset 4 Mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without a meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron) to Be Used?
Emeset 4 Mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Emeset 4 Mg.
How To Take The Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
Emeset 4 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
You are always advised to take Emeset 4 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Emeset 4 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Emeset 4 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Emeset 4 Mg (Ondansetron)?
- Painful Urination
- Dry Mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Emeset 4 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- QT Prolongation
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Emeset 4 Mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy)`
- Emeset 4 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Emeset 4 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.