Enapril HT 10+25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Enapril HT:
Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic version for Enapril HT
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
About Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide)
Enapril HT (10+25) mg contains the active ingredients, Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide, used in the treatment of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) and Heart Failure and can be found at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores and only be given on doctor’s prescription.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Enapril HT (10+25) mg.
Enapril HT (10+25) mg contains two active ingredients; Enalapril weighing 10 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide weighing 25 mg per tablet and is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at any of the leading online drugstores, medical supply stores, and pharmacy stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
Enapril HT (10+25) mg is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Failure
- Kidney failure or disorders
- Liver failure
- Myocardial Infarction
How Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide) Works:
Enapril HT (10+25) mg contains:
Enalapril works by inhibiting angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) which helps in reducing the stress on the heart muscles and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a Diuretic which improves blood flow by removing water and other electrolytes from the body.
Before You Use Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide
- You are not having persistent Cough
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, allergies, diseases, pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Potassium Rich Foods like Banana and Broccoli
- Avoid Driving or operating heavy machinery
- Avoid getting up too fast as it may cause hypotension
- Avoid taking it bedtime as it makes you urinate more often
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
You should not take Enapril HT (10+25) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have other Heart Problem
- Have Diabetes Mellitus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have allergy or sensitivity to the tablet contents
- Have Persistent Cough
- Take Potassium Rich foods
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/ Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Enapril HT (10+25) mg contains Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide and is used in the treatment of Hypertension or blood pressure. This may be available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the dosage duration and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Enapril HT (10+25) mg at a fixed time empty Stomach (1hr prior or 2 hr after the meal) as instructed by your Doctor. Take it regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions to take the adequate dose of the tablet. Enapril HT (5+2.5) mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition.
How To Take The Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
Enapril HT (10+25) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time daily as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water without chewing, breaking or crushing it. It is always better to take it empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
You are always advised to take Enapril HT (10+25) mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Patients are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Call your physician immediately or reach to nearby hospital if you are suspecting an overdose symptom.
A missed dose of Enapril HT (10+25) mg should be taken as soon as you remember it. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double it if you missed once or twice.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Enapril HT (10+25) Mg (Enalapril and Hydrochlorothiazide):
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Hair loss
- Taste alteration
- Skin Rash
- Loss of appetite
- Increased serum creatinine
- Dry mouth
- Chest Discomfort
- Abdominal Pain
- Increased Potassium Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Enapril HT (10+25) mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements. Enapril HT (10+25) mg interacts with the following medicines:
- Lithium-containing drugs
Warning And Precaution:
Enapril HT (10+25) mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Allergy/ hypersensitivity
- Low blood pressure
- Collagen vascular disease
- Liver/Kidney Diseases
- It must not be given to pregnant women/ breastfeeding women as it may cause adverse effects to the Developing Foetus
- Discuss with your doctor to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise, adequate water intake and Proper Diet is necessary while taking the tablets
- You must go for routine blood tests while taking this tablet
- Keep the medicine away from the sight and reach of the children
- Read the information carefully on the leaflet of medicine
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt in case of dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not Skip the meal or do not take very low-fat diet while taking this medicine.
Store the tablets at room temperature away from direct sunlight in clean and dry place. You need to make sure that the tablets are not damaged and broken while purchasing or storing.