Erlocip 150 Mg
USA Brand Name
Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib)
What Is The Generic Name For Erlocip:
Erlotinib is the generic version for Erlocip
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Erlocip 150 mg (Erlotinib):
About Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
Erlocip 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Erlotinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer and can be found at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Erlocip 150 mg.
Erlocip 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Erlotinib, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
Erlocip 150 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin’s Disease
How Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib) Works:
Erlocip contains Erlotinib as an anti-cancer agent which blocks the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply and this helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Before You Use Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Erlotinib
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid using contact lenses while taking this medicine
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
You should not use Erlocip 150 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have had eye problems (ulcers in front part of eye, inflammation in the eye)
- Have Gilbert’s syndrome (it causes increased Bilirubin)
- Have hereditary problems like glucose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose Malabsorption
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Suffer from breathing difficulty with fever or cough
- Develop symptoms like severe diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea/vomiting, severe blistering or peeling of skin, severe pain in abdomen, pain and redness in eye, blurred vision, and sensitivity towards light
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Erlocip 150 mg contains Erlotinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Erlocip 150 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and children below18 yrs of age.
How Much Of The Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Erlocip 150 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
Erlocip 150 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken 1-2 hr before and after the food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib)
You are always advised to take Erlocip 150 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Erlocip 150 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Erlocip 150 Mg (Erlotinib)
- Weakness/ Fatigue
- Skin Rashes
- Breathing difficulty
- Abdominal pain
- Edema (swelling)
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Infection and fever
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Decreased Blood cells (white blood cell count, Red Blood Cells causing Anaemia and Platelets)
- Bone pain
- Dry mouth
- Mouth Ulcers
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Erlocip 150 mg effects may be altered by other medicines or other products you using. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Eye Disease or Inflammation
- Liver Disease
- Glucose Intolerance
Warning And Precaution:
Erlocip 150 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Skin Problems
- Blood cell problems
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Take necessary contraceptive measures while taking this tablet.
- Regular monitoring of blood count is needed while taking it
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Erlocip 150 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store it at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.