Erlonat 150 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)
What Is The Generic Name For Erlonat 150 Mg?
Erlotinib is the generic version for Erlonat 150 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
About Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)
Erlonat 150 Mg contains an active ingredient, Erlotinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell Lung Cancer and Pancreatic Cancer. It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Natco Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Erlonat 150 mg.
Erlonat 150 Mg contains an active ingredient, Erlotinib, 150 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
Erlonat 150 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
How Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib) Works?
Erlonat 150 mg is anticancerous, which has Erlotinib, as an active ingredient. It basically works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein which signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to slow down the spread of cancer cells.
Before You Use Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not having any kidney and liver problems.
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
- You should not smoke
- You should use effective contraceptives measure while you are taking Erlonat 150 mg
- You should not use contact lenses while using this medicine
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
You should not take Erlonat 150 mg if you:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are intolerant to some sugars
- Have severe Liver/Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have an Eye Problem (Dry Eyes, Ulcers, Inflammation, etc.)
- Have Breathing Difficulties
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Erlonat 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Erlotinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell Lung Cancer and Pancreatic Cancer. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Erlonat 150 mg empty stomach at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for children under the age of 18 years.
How Much Of The Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib) to Be Used?
Erlonat 150 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Erlonat 150 mg.
How To Take The Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
Erlonat 150 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib)?
You are always advised to take Erlonat 150 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Erlonat at a fixed time. A missed dose of Erlonat 150 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take a double dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Erlonat 150 Mg (Erlotinib):
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Loss of Appetite
- Bone Pain
- Allergic Reactions
- Swelling of Face, Lips, Tongue, Throat, etc.
- Weight loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Erlonat 150 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, vitamins, or herbal supplements. Beverages and certain food are responsible for some drug interactions. This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Erlonat 150 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders and Lung Diseases
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Lung Diseases.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Erlonat 150 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Erlonat 150 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.