Ezta 10 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe)
What Is The Generic Name For Ezta 10 Mg Tablet:
Ezetimibe is the generic version for Ezta 10 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
About Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe)
Ezta 10 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Ezetimibe, which is used to treat high cholesterol. This medicine helps by reducing "bad" cholesterol (LDL) which reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Cholesterol is a kind of fat in the blood that is essential for healthy growth & development. However, if the level of fat increase beyond the requirement of the body, it can be harmful. The body normally makes all the cholesterol it needs from the food we eat daily. Lifestyle changes like low-fat diet, regular exercise, & smoking cessation may help this medicine to work better. This medicine is readily available at all the primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Zydus Cadila Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ezta 10 mg Tablet.
Ezta 10 mg Tablet contains an active constituent, Ezetimibe. This medicine is readily available in other substitutes and also at all the primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
Ezta 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
How Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe) Works:
Ezta 10 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Ezetimibe which is a cholesterol absorption inhibitors. This drug reduces the cholesterol absorption from the intestine & lowers the levels of total cholesterol and "bad" cholesterol (LDL) in the blood. Ezetimibe drug inhibits the absorption of cholesterol from the small intestine & decreases the amount of cholesterol usually available to liver cells, leading them to absorb further from circulation, consequently lowering levels of circulating cholesterol.
Before You Use Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Ezetimibe
- You are not having any grave Disease
- Your doctor must be well-informed regarding your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
You should not take Ezta 10 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have Rhabdomyolysis
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Ezta 10 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Ezetimibe, which is used to treat high cholesterol. This medicine is readily available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must speak about with your physician for adjustment of dosage and time of the medicine given that age & severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be finest judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Ezta 10 mg Tablet at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Ezta 10 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe) to Be Used:
As Ezta 10 mg Tablet is available in various strengths & substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Ezta 10 mg Tablet. You should not take the Tablet on your own & for a longer time than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
Take Ezta 10 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the medicine as a whole and not chew, crush or break the Tablet. Ezta 10 mg Tablet can be taken with food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
You are always advised to take Ezta 10 mg Tablet as prescribed. You must not start/stop using this medication on your own. You have to follow all the guidelines given by your doctor rigorously. You should not take the Tablet in a larger or smaller degree or for a longer period than recommended by your doctor.
You have to seek medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantly in case of some overdose symptoms. Emergency action will be initiated without holdup by your medical doctor if they detect overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet has to to be administered as quickly as possible. You should strictly skip the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. It is strictly advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ezta 10 Mg Tablet (Ezetimibe):
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Limb pain
- Respiratory tract infection
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Some medicines have been reported to interact with Ezta 10 mg Tablet. These interactions might produce some needless or unfavorable effects and/or cause your drug not to function properly. You must continually have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well calculated medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
Warning And Precaution:
Ezta 10 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this medicine is not recommended by small children less than 10 years of age
- You have to frequently get your blood tests done to check your blood cells, liver & kidney function, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must also get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You are advised to follow a strict exercise & diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines simultaneously as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Ezta 10 mg Tablet out of reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with vigilance for treatment of children
- Ezta 10 mg Tablet is not suggested for use in pregnant women owing to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always talk about with your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Ezta 10 mg Tablet should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Ezta 10 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.