Flixotide Discus 100 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat)
What Is The Generic Name For Flixotide Diskus:
Flutikazon Propiyonat is the generic version for Flixotide Diskus
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
About Flutikazon Propiyonat) (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Flutikazon Propiyonat) 50 mcg, and used for the treatment of Asthma and COPD. You can buy this prescription-only drug from any of the leading online pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Inhaler in Diskus form
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg.
Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Flutikazon Propiyonat) 100 mcg, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at many leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores.
What Are The Uses Of The Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg is used in the treatment of:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
How Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat) Works:
Flixotide Diskus has Flutikazon Propiyonat) (a steroid) which basically prevents the release of the chemical substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Before You Use Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving and activity that involve your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
You should avoid medicine if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to its contents
- Have severe Lung Infection
- Have Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- It is not used in the treatment of an asthma attack that has already begun
- Consult your doctor always for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergy
- Have Lung Infection, Breathing Problem, and Cold
- Have Liver Disease
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Have Height Issue
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies which may
Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg contains Flutikazon Propiyonat), used in the treatment of Asthma. This prescription based drug may be available in various strengths and substitutes but you should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg at a fixed time regularly. Do not inhale larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat) to Be Used:
Follow your doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg. Dosage may vary according to the condition of the patient.
How To Take The Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat):
Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Simply inhale through mouthpiece, the blister containing medicine (in form of powder) inside the Diskus steadily and deeply. Remove the Diskus and hold your breath for atleast 10 seconds. Breathe out slowly, Close the Diskus, and Keep it properly after cleaning for next use. Then rinse your mouth with water and spit it out.
This device has the counter which will show the number of blisters remaining inside the Diskus. It will automatically show the red light if less than 5 blisters will be inside.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat)
You are always advised to take them as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking your medicine until you are told to do so. Always finish the course of the medicines.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose and due to that you are facing severe side effects.
A missed dose of Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Flixotide Diskus 100 Mcg (Flutikazon Propiyonat)
- Skin Allergy or allergic Reaction
- Hoarseness of voice
- Swelling of face, mouth, lips, limbs, etc
- Feeling Faint and lightheadedness
- Bone Degradation
- Altered Bone Growth
- Difficulty in Swallowing
- Wheezing while breathing
- Increased levels of glucose
- Adrenal Suppression/ Cushing Syndrome
- Stomach Upset/stomach ache
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Flixotide may interact with other medicines you are already taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause you any of the medicine not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal Supplements as these may also interact with your medicinal contents. Few of the drugs which interact with it are:
Warning And Precaution:
Flixotide Diskus should be used very cautiously in:
- Severe Lung Inflammation/ Infection
- Bone Disorders
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the conditions mentioned above.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shake well before using the contents
- Monitor your Blood Glucose regularly while taking this medication
- You should always remember to clean the mouthpiece by clean and fresh tissue after the usage.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and the strength of the medication
- Always use the inhaler only if recommended by your physician.
- Read the insert and usage directions carefully.
Store it at room/cool temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.