Flucomet Eye Drop 5 ml
US Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Flucomet Eye Drops 0.3% w/v 5 Ml (Fluconazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Fluconazole:
Fluconazole is the generic version for Flucomet
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
About Flucomet Eye Drops (Fluconazole):
Flucomet Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections in the eye. You can find this prescription based eye drops at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Eye Drops
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Flucomet Eye Drops.
Flucomet Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole in a 5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
Fluconazole is used in the treatment of:
How Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole) Works:
Fluconazole is the main content present in Flucomet Eye drop which stops the fungal growth by preventing the fungus from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human.
Before You Use Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- You are not using contact lenses
- You told your physician about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
- Avoid using Contact Lenses 15 min prior to or after its use
- Avoid Driving or any other important activity as it may cause blurred vision for sometime
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- Avoid the use of another eye drop within 5-15 min of its use
When Not To Use Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
You should avoid Fluconazole if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have redness, swelling or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery or have any eye injury or wounds
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to Fluconazole
- Are taking other medicines for eye only
- Have redness, itching or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Have any other infection like Viral Infection
- Are having an infection which is getting worse even after using this Eye Drop
Flucomet Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections of the eye. Discuss with your doctor for the frequency and dosage and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Flucomet Eye Drops 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in the morning and evening time or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use contact lenses while using eye drops.
How Much Of The Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Fluconazole. It is better to take one drop each eye twice or thrice a day.
How To Take The Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
Flucomet Eye Drops 5 ml should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the eye drop vial over the eye/ear without touching the tip to the eyelid. Then, squeeze the vial gently and pour a drop of the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear and keep the eye closed for a few seconds. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole)
Always use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but make sure to finish the course even if the symptom goes prior.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case you have any irritation, pain or stinging feeling in your eyes. In case of severe symptoms of inflammation contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearby emergency medical centers.
A missed dose of the Eye Drops should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Flucomet Eye Drops 5 Ml (Fluconazole):
- Stinging in Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Eye pain
- Increased production of tears
- Eye redness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Flucomet may produce some side effects or may not work properly if you are taking other medicines and not inform your doctor. Always discuss with your doctor if you are using other eye drops or other medicines so that a well-planned medication regimen can be followed.
Warning And Precaution:
Flucomet Eye Drops 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Eye Surgeries
- Glaucoma/ Cataract
- Eye disorders or inflammation
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch the tip of the eye drop while using it and use it within a month once opened
- Avoid taking part in physical activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable
- Keep a gap of 5-5 min between administrations of two eye drops if you are using more than one eye drops at the same time
- Clean your hands and eyes before using the Eye Drops. Try to keep it contamination-free.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, frequency, and strength of the medication
Use Fluconazole as long as your doctor has suggested using it.
Store it at a cool temperature in a clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.