Foracort Forte Inhaler 12/400 Mcg
US Brand Name
Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate
Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Foracort Forte Inhaler:
Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate is the generic version for Foracort Forte Inhaler
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate):
- Aerosol Inhaler
About The Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate):
Foracort Forte Inhaler contains active ingredients, Budesonide 400 mcg and Formoterol Fumarate 12 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is prescription based drug and can be found at any of the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores.
One of the top leading pharmaceutical companies; Cipla (India)which manufactures Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate.
Foracort Forte Inhaler contains Budesonide 400 mcg and Formoterol Fumarate 12 mcg per dose of inhaler which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Foracort Forte Inhaler (12 + 400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate):
Foracort Forte Inhaler is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Constriction of airways
- Allergic Disorders
How Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate) Works:
Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) mcg consists of:
- Budesonide (a corticosteroid) basically stops the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation in the organs/body.
- Formoterol Fumarate (a long-acting bronchodilator) relaxes the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Before You Use Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg:
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to the contents
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate):
- Avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid taking Medicines without the prescriptions as these may react with Foracort Forte Inhaler.
When Not To Use Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg:
You should not take this Inhaler if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Had sudden Asthma Attack
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have severe Breathing Problems or tightness in chest even after taking medicine
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor to let him decide the right drug regimen for you
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Inhaler or any of its contents
- Have Chest Pain or Tightness in Chest even after using this Rotahaler
- Have Heart Problems like Irregular Heartbeats
- Already had Asthma Attack
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Foracort Forte Inhaler containing Budesonide (400 mcg) and Formoterol Fumarate (12 mcg) is used to treat asthma and COPD. Inhalers are prescription-based drugs and may be available in various strengths and substitutes. Consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ in each person.
Adults and Children are advised to take Foracort Forte Inhaler at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage. If you need to take more medicine than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and consult your doctor immediately for the cause.
How To Take The Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg:
Shake the Inhaler properly before using it. Press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication, breathing in from mouth holding your breath for 10 seconds. You should repeat inhaling until you have inhaled the number of puffs suggested by your doctor and later, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out to prevent your mouth from infection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg:
You are always advised to use Foracort Forte Inhaler for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not take this for a long time without consulting with your doctor.
Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital for an emergency if you suspected an Overdose.
A missed dose of Inhaler should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) Mcg:
- Dry mouth
- Muscle cramps
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Foracort Forte Inhaler may interact with other medicines you are using which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
Warning And Precaution:
Foracort Forte Inhaler (12+400) mcg should be used very cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Lung Inflammations and Infections
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with a doctor
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better; let your doctor decide it.
Things To Remember:
- This medicinal combination does not relieve sudden symptoms of asthma so you should always carry a rescue inhaler to treat sudden symptoms of it.
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Inhaler with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Inhaler after use
- You should always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not use Foracort Forte Inhaler until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
- Read the information on insert carefully
Store the Foracort Forte Inhaler at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not refrigerate.