Foracort Inhaler 6/400 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate
Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg?
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate is the generic version for Foracort Inhalers
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
- Symbicort Inhaler
About The Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate):
Foracort Inhalers contains active ingredients, Budesonide 400 mcg, and Formoterol Fumarate 6 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma, Allergic Conditions and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may find it from all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Foracort Inhalers (6+400) mcg.
Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg contains active ingredients, Budesonide 400 mcg, and Formoterol Fumarate 6 mcg and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Inhaler (Doses)
What Are The Uses Of The Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
Foracort Inhalers is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lungs Inflammation
- Constriction of airways
How Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate) Works?
Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg consists of active ingredients:
Formoterol Fumarate is a long-acting bronchodilator that basically relaxes the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Budesonide is a corticosteroid which stops the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Before You Use Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg:
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
- You should avoid the Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Foracort Inhalers.
When Not To Use Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
You should avoid Inhalers if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are near a flame or source of heat as the Inhalers may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Are taking medicines for another disease
- This is not used for the condition when an asthma attack has already begun
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor whenever you go for a new cause.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Inhalers or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Skin Rashes, Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Foracort Inhalers include active ingredients, Budesonide 400 mcg, and Formoterol Fumarate 6 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and other Allergic Conditions. Inhalers are also available in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dose of the medicine as the age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Foracort Inhalers at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach upset. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate) to Be Used?
You must inhale 2 puffs of Foracort Inhaler four times a day. Moreover, Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage
If you feel to take more medicine content than prescribed for better effect; it means you may have a serious problem and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
How To Take The Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
Shake the Foracort Inhaler properly before use. Press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication, breathing in from mouth, and hold your breath for 10 seconds. You must repeat inhaling until you have inhaled the number of puffs suggested by your doctor. Afterward, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out to prevent your mouth from infection
For How Long Should You Use Foracort Inhalers (6+400) Mcg (Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
You are always advised to use Foracort Inhalers for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or reach a nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time to make up for the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of Foracort Inhalers (6+ 400) Mcg?
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Foracort Inhalers which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution:
Foracort Inhalers should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in your diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You must take smaller and more frequent meals and drink plenty of fluids while taking Foracort Inhaler.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Regularly wipe out the mouthpiece of Inhalers with a fiber-free tissue/cotton cloth.
- Must cover the mouth of the inhaler by putting the cap on it after use
- You must contact your doctor if you have any confusion regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Do not use Foracort Inhalers until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions and Read the information carefully before use.
Store the Foracort Inhalers at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.