Foracort Rotacaps 100 Mcg + 6 Mcg
US Brand Name
100mcg + 6mcg
Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate
Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg+6 Mcg)?
Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate is the generic version for Foracort Rotacaps
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)?
- Symbicort Rotacaps
About The Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) :
Foracort Rotacaps contain active ingredients, Budesonide (100 mcg) and Formoterol Fumarate (6 mcg), used in the treatment of Asthma, Allergic Disorders, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You can find it at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores and medical supply stores but it should be taken by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Budesonide + Formoterol Fumarate.
Foracort Rotacaps (100 mcg + 6 mcg) contains active ingredients, Budesonide (100 mcg) and Formoterol Fumarate (6 mcg) which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)?
Foracort is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lungs Inflammation
- Constriction of Airways
- Allergic Disorders
How Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate) Works?
Foracort Rotacaps (100 mcg + 6 mcg) is consisting of:
Budesonide (a corticosteroid) basically stops the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation in the organs/body.
Formoterol Fumarate (a long-acting bronchodilator) works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Before You Use Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg)?
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to the contents
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)?
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without the prescriptions as these may react with Foracort Rotacaps.
When Not To Use Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg)?
You should avoid this Rotacaps if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Already had Asthma Attack
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have severe Breathing Problems or tightness in the chest even after taking medicine
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Rotacaps or any of its contents
- Have Chest Pain or Tightness in Chest even after using this Rotahaler
- Have Heart Problems like Irregular Heartbeats
- Already had Asthma Attack
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Foracort Rotacaps contains active ingredients, Budesonide (100 mcg) and Formoterol Fumarate (6 mcg), used in the treatment of Asthma and other Allergic Conditions. Rotacaps are available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ in each person.
Adults and Children are advised to take Foracort Rotacaps at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) to Be Used?
You should inhale one capsule at a single time or as your doctor has prescribed. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage
If you need to take more medicine content than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and consult your doctor immediately
How To Take The Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg)?
Keep the Foracort capsule at the base of Rotahaler (not in the mouthpiece). Twist the mouthpiece completely until you hear a click sound and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds to be assured that all the medicine reaches to the Lungs.
If some powder remains in the Rotahaler repeat the process until content gets finished. It is better to take it with a meal to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)?
You are always advised to use Foracort Rotacaps for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not take this for a long time without consulting with your doctor.
Contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearby hospital for the emergency if you suspected an Overdose.
A missed dose of Rotacaps should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Foracort Rotacaps (100 Mcg + 6 Mcg) (Budesonide+Formoterol Fumarate)?
- Dry mouth
- Muscle cramps
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Foracort Rotacaps which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
Warning And Precaution:
Foracort Rotacaps (100 mcg + 6 mcg) should be used very cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Lung Inflammations and Infections
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Etc)
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with the doctor
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine even if you feel better; let your doctor decide it.
Things To Remember:
- Take small and frequent meals and drink plenty of water for the better action of the Rotacaps.
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Rotacaps with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Rotacaps after use
- You should always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not use Foracort Rotacaps until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions
- Read the information on insert carefully
Store the Foracort Rotacaps at the cool temperature in a dark and dry place. Do not refrigerate.