Fortum 1 gm
USA Brand Name
Fortum 1 Gm Injection (10 Ml) (Ceftazidime)
What Is The Generic Name For Fortum:
Ceftazidime is the generic version for Fortum
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
About Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
Fortum 1 gm injection contains Ceftazidime 1 gm which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections like Urinary Tract Infections, Soft tissue infections, Ear, bone, Abdomen, and Blood Infections. This injection must be purchased on prescription from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and must be administered by a Doctor or a Nurse.
One of the top leading companies, GSK (India) is manufacturing Fortum 1 gm Injection.
Fortum 1 gm contains Ceftazidime 1 gm per injection. This combination may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
Fortum 1 gm is used to treat bacterial Infections:
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Ear infection
- Bone and blood infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Infections after surgery
How Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime) Works:
Fortum 1 gm containing Ceftazidime is an antibiotic that acts by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Before You Use Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- When Not To Use Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
- You should avoid Fortum 1 gm if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are taking blood thinners as it may increase the bleeding tendencies
- Get skin rashes, allergy, irritation, itching, swelling of face and mouth and have difficulty in breathing
- Have severe gastrointestinal/Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Fortum (Ceftazidime) is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Fortum 1 gm at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for infants and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Fortum 1 gm. The dose which is to give is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime):
Fortum 1 gm should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime)
You are always advised to take Fortum 1 gm as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Fortum 1 gm should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Fortum 1 Gm (Ceftazidime)
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- White Patches in Mouth
- Fast Heartbeat
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Pain and allergy at the injection site
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Fortum may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Live vaccines
It may also interact with the Diseased conditions:
- Impaired Kidney Functions
Warning And Precaution:
Fortum 1 gm should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Impaired gastrointestinal/ kidney/ Liver function
- Epileptic disorders
- It is not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- It is not recommended if you are taking blood thinners as may increase your bleeding tendencies
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not stop taking Fortum 1 gm on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the injection at a cool temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged.