Fosbait 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Panacea Biotech, India
Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate)
What Is The Generic Name For Fosbait:
Lanthanum Carbonate is the generic version for Fosbait
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Fosbait 500 Mg:
About Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate)
Fosbait 500 mg containing, Lanthanum Carbonate as an active molecule, is used to treat increased phosphate levels. It is the prescription-only drug and may be available at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Panacea Biotech (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Fosbait 500 mg.
Fosbait 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Lanthanum Carbonate, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate):
Fosbait 500 mg is used to:
- Lower the phosphate levels (used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis)
How Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate) Works:
Lanthanum Carbonate in Fosbait 500 mg basically inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lowers the phosphate levels in the blood.
Before You Use Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Lanthanum Carbonate
- You are not taking alcohol and other CNS depressants as it may increase the effects of CNS depressants by enhancing drowsiness and dizziness.
- Your doctor knows about your food habits, supplements, Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking non-prescribed antacids while taking Fosbait
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate):
You should not take Fosbait if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have a blockage in bowels like Ileus or Impaction
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have any mental disorder
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have other Heart Complications
- Are going for X-rays Test and taking Fosbait as it may interfere with the test
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have any mental disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Fosbait 500 mg contains Lanthanum Carbonate, which is used to treat muscle spasms and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always ask your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Fosbait 500 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects. It is not recommended for the children and to the patients taking CNS depressants.
How Much Of The Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Fosbait 500 mg.
How To Take The Fosbait 500 Mg (Lanthanum Carbonate):
Fosbait 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. Swallow the whole tablet with water without chewing or crushing the tablet.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Fosbait 500 Mg:
You are always advised to take Fosbait 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Call your doctor immediately or reach a nearby hospital if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Fosbait 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Fosbait 500 Mg:
- Dizziness and Drowsiness
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Black or tarry stools
- Difficult or painful urination
- Bleeding gums
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Fosbait 500 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause any of the drugs not to work properly. Hence, always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Lab Tests Interaction:
Warning And Precaution:
Fosbait 500 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Liver/Kidney Disease
- Colon Cancer, ulcerative colitis, Severe Constipation, and other intestinal problems
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- It is not recommended for the children and patients who are taking antacids and undergoing an X-ray test.
- You should always discuss with your doctor about your conditions to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for any condition
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of phosphate levels while taking Fosbait should be done.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Fosbait 500 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Fosbait 500 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are not damaged.