Galamer 4 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine)
What Is The Generic Name For Galamer:
Galantamine is the generic version for Galamer
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
About Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine)
Galamer 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Galantamine, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and dementia in Parkinson's disease. This prescription based drug can be purchased from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Galamer 4 mg.
Galamer 4 mg contains Galantamine 4 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
Galamer 4 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Dementia due to Parkinson’s disease
How Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine) Works:
Galamer 4 mg has Galantamine increases the levels of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals as Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease is due to disturbance of message/nerve signals in the brain.
Before You Use Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Galantamine
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or mechanical job that needs your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
You should not take Galamer 4 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Suffered from Cardiogenic Shock or other Heart Problems
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Are a child/healthy adult without any memory loss as it doesn’t raise the memory of a healthy person
- Have other Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have heart disorder
- Have electrolyte disturbance, acute abdominal pain and ulcers, and an operation on the gut/bladder
- Have a disorder of the nervous system (like fits or Parkinson’s disease)
- Have asthma, pneumonia, and have difficulties passing urine
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease or taking other medicines
Galamer 4 mg contains Galantamine that is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and dementia in Parkinson's disease. It is a prescription based drug that may be available in different strengths and substitutes. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Galamer 4 mg at a fixed time regularly with food. It must be used very cautiously in elders as this population is very sensitive to this drug. It should not be used in children and other healthy adults having no memory loss issues.
How Much Of The Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine) to Be Used:
Galamer 4 mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition and as instructed by the doctor.
How To Take The Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
Galamer 4 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
You are always advised to take Galamer 4 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount than recommended by your doctor.
Call your doctor or reach to a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Galamer 4 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Galamer 4 Mg (Galantamine):
- Decreased Appetite
- Weight Loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Galamer 4 mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. Galamer 4 mg interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Drugs
- Valathamate Bromide
- Interaction with disease:
- Electrolyte Imbalance
Warning And Precaution:
Galamer 4 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Other Mental Disease
- Impaired Liver/Kidney function
- It is not recommended for children and found to be safe in pregnant and breastfeeding women
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is good for health
- Rise slowly from lying position as it may cause Dizziness/Fainting
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Galamer 4 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Galamer 4 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.