Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg
USA Brand Name
Metformin + Glimepiride
USV Ltd., India
Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)
What Is The Generic Name For Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg?
Metformin+Glimepiride is the generic version for Glycomet GP (500+2) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
About Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg contains active ingredients, Metformin 500 mg and Glimepiride 1 mg, which is very effective and first choice of medicine with low risk of weight gain, used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. You can find it at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
USV (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Glycomet GP (500+2) mg.
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg contains active ingredients, Metformin 500 mg +Glimepiride 1mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride) Works?
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg is an antidiabetic drug which has:
Metformin which basically decreases the increased glucose Levels in the Blood and increases the sensitivity of Insulin.
Glimepiride which increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Before You Use Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride):
Make sure that you are not:
- Taking Alcohol
- Having liver or kidney disease
- Having intestinal disorders
- Have lactic acidosis problem
- Have any other severe disease or abnormality
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid High Fat Diet
- You should avoid delaying of meals
- You should avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
You should not take Glycomet GP (500+2) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy due Metformin or Glimepiride
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have any Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have severe Intestinal Problems
- Are taking any other medication which can react with it causing adverse effects
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diarrhea or Septicemia
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Tell your doctor about all the pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and Medications you are taking.
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg contains active ingredients, Metformin+Glimepiride, used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. Glycomet GP is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person which can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Glycomet GP (500+2) mg at a fixed time preferably with food or as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions to take Glycomet GP (500+2) mg. do not start taking medicine on your own.
How To Take The Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg dose is to be taken at a fixed time preferably with Food (to avoid Stomach Upset) or as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Try not to chew or crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
You are always advised to take Glycomet GP (500+2) mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly as this may cause adverse effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose or visit your nearby hospital for an emergency.
You should try to take every dose of Glycomet GP (500+2) mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose of Glycomet GP (500+2) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the doses if you missed once as it may cause serious side effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glycomet GP (500+2) Mg (Metformin+Glimepiride)?
- Frequent Urination
- Lactic Acidosis
- Chest discomfort
- Abdominal Pain
- Altered Taste
- Belching and Heartburn
- Swollen joint
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Glycomet GP (500+2) mg. It can produce some adverse effects or may cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements or other Food. It has been reported for the interactions with the following medicines:
- Aloe Vera
- Iodinate Contrast Media
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Lactic Acidosis
Warning And Precaution:
Glycomet GP (500+2) mg is to be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity/Severe Allergy
- Liver Impairment
- Lactic Acidosis
- Excessive Alcohol Intake
- Type I Diabetes
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult with your doctor to get the best possible treatment. Doses should be adjusted according to the severity and complexity of the Disease.
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular Blood Sugar Test and Liver Function Test (if required)
- Always carry some candies to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet/label of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time and strength of the medicine.
- It is better to do Exercise daily and take a planned and controlled Diets with this Medicine. Do not keep on fasting yourself.
- Glycomet GP (500+2) mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Glycomet GP (500+2) mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the strips of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.