Glycomet SR 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
USV Ltd., India
Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)
What Is The Generic Name For Glycomet SR 500 Mg?
Metformin HCl is the generic version for Glycomet SR 500 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
About Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)
Glycomet SR 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metformin HCl, which is the very effective and first choice of medicine with a low risk of weight gain, used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is basically a sustained release drug and you can find it at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
USV (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Glycomet SR 500 mg.
Glycomet SR 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metformin HCl, 500 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
Glycomet SR 500 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Type II Diabetes
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
How Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl) Works?
Glycomet SR 500 mg is an antidiabetic drug which has Metformin HCl, as an active ingredient. It basically decreases the increased glucose levels in the blood and increases the sensitivity of Insulin.
Before You Use Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl):
Make sure that you are not:
- Having liver or kidney disease
- Having intestinal disorders
- Have lactic acidosis problem
- Have any other severe disease or abnormality
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid High Fat Diet
- You should avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
You should not take Glycomet SR 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy due to Metformin
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/
- Have any Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have severe Intestinal Problems
- Are taking any other medication which can react with it causing adverse effects
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diarrhea or Septicemia
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Tell your doctor about all the pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and Medications you are taking.
Glycomet SR 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Metformin HCl, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. Glycomet SR is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person which can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Glycomet SR 500 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without the meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Glycomet SR 500 mg.
How To Take The Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
Glycomet SR 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Try not to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
You are always advised to take Glycomet SR 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly as this may cause severe side effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose or visit your nearby hospital for an emergency.
You should try to take every dose of Glycomet SR 500 mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose of Glycomet SR 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose if you missed it once as it may cause hypoglycemia.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glycomet SR 500 Mg (Metformin HCl)?
- Frequent Urination
- Lactic Acidosis
- Chest discomfort
- Abdominal Pain
- Altered Taste
- Belching and Heartburn
- Swollen joint
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Glycomet SR 500 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or may cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements or other Food. It has been reported for the interactions with the following medicines:
- Aloe Vera
- Iodinate Contrast Media
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Lactic Acidosis
Warning And Precaution:
Glycomet SR 500 mg is to be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity/Severe Allergy
- Liver Impairment
- Lactic Acidosis
- Excessive Alcohol Intake
- Type I Diabetes
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
Always consult with your doctor to get the best possible treatment. Doses should be adjusted according to the severity and complexity of the Disease.
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular Blood Sugar Test and Liver Function Test (if required)
- Always carry some candies to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet/label of the medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time and strength of the medicine.
- It is better to do Exercise daily and take a planned and controlled Diets with this Medicine. Do not keep on fasting yourself.
- Glycomet SR 500 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Glycomet SR 500 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the strips of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.